Wednesday 24 September 2014

Broke Fordwich Region, Hunter Valley Part 2

Broke Fordwich is a beautiful region of the Hunter Valley.  It's not congested and the people are lovely. The scenery was so beautiful.  Seeing the vineyards with the mountain ranges in the background was amazing! Yellow rock is the big rock that makes that picture perfect. For more areas to explore in the Broke Fordwich Region, check out these wineries.  I will also post some more in part 3.. watch this space.

Check out Part 1 of my Broke adventure here

Stomp! Wines

The owners at Stomp! Wines were so friendly and had a beautiful family.  Being a former Sydney Sider family, they have transformed their lives to now living on such a beautiful winery!  There is also accommodation here if you are looking for a place to stay.


At Stomp! Wines for $6, I tried a trio of wine which complimented with Hunter Valley chocolates. The highlight for me was the sparkling Verdelho. It was a pleasant rare taste of the sparkling Verdelho; I've never seen this before so it was refreshing to see some innovation and a great tasting Verdelho it was. Ask if you can try their port as well. I bought a bottle of both!  Their version of port was very smokey and full of depth.

It's great to see that they are supporting the local chocolate makers too!  There was an orange white chocolate, a white pistachio chocolate and a chili dark chocolate! Indulgence!



Nightingale Wines

What a beautiful day! Look at that sky!  I had the pleasure of staying at Nightingales, eating at Nightingales and also drinking at Nightingales. Wowzer!  Don was looking after us and was lovely.

That's yellow rock in the background there. Beautiful! The photo below is the view from Nightingales.

Location: 1239 Milbrodale Rd, Broke, NSW, 2330




My accommodation was at Nightingale wines which I thought was a very central and great location. It was not far from Margan's, Stomp! Wines and the Starline Alpaca farm. The accommodation was lovely with a spa in the little villa, foxtel on the tv and kitchen facilities.


The lunch I had was very homely and filling!  It's a large meal.  It's not quite as posh as Margan's but you might be looking for a big meal to soak up all that wine you've consumed.

I was eyeing off the lemon and mandarin fish fillet. It was a very generous portion of fish.  The fish was perfectly cooked. There were a few sneaky wedges in there as well.



There were a few other dishes that I was eyeing off nearby.  A quiche looking pie with a beetroot and goat's cheese salad looked particularly delicious.

I had the chicken with vegetables which was very filling. This came in handy after several tastings of Nightingale's wine. This has a very vast range of wines to taste.  Make sure you try a few of them :)

Prices: Mains are all $36, there are lighter meals too that are $17 to $22

You should taste their wines! They have a lot of varieties to try too.



I suggest you grab a table outside if weather permits where the view is amazing and looks out to the vineyard and yellow rock.

Note: I was a guest of the Nightingales and Broke Fordwich Region Tourism Association. My opinions, however are my own!  All the photos are my own!

Nightingales Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment