Thursday 28 May 2015

Sake, South Bank, Melbourne



Sake is my favourite restaurant and I am very fortunate to have experienced Sake in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.  Each venue has a slightly different flair in plating up some of their key dishes and the atmosphere varies but their food is consistently delicious.

The customer service is absolutely superior in Sydney and Brisbane. The customer service was a bit of a let down in Sake with having to ask twice for a particular glass of wine and one dish was wrongly ordered/served but both were easily rectified.

On this occasion in Melbourne, I started with some edamame. At the time there was an option of edamame with floss and a mild spice coating ($6). It was a nice change but I think I prefer the original edamame. This version was very tasty (below).



My must order dish which I have ordered at every Sake is the King Fish Jalapeno ($20). Fresh king fish sashimi with the perfect combination of light yuzu soy, jalapeno and coriander. This is a simple but amazing dish. The flavours are just perfectly balanced. I just love everything about it. The King Fish is always fresh and there are light soy flavours that contrast with a slight zest and chili from the jalapeno.

Another regularly ordered dish is the seared scallops ($32, top) with vegetables in a miso cream reduction. This dish was perfectly presented in Melbourne, with bright contrasts to the blue plates. The scallops are big, fat and juicy and taste delicious on a medly of corn and asian greens. Soak up the miso cream reduction with some rice and you'll be in heaven.

I also tried the terakyi chicken ($29) for the first time. It was a very clean version of the chicken terakyi with the chicken very elegantly presented on a bed of greens in a pool of sauce. The dish was tasty but not as impressive as the others.

Prices: $50 per head plus drinks

Location: On South Bank Wharf, South Bank

Lisa's Rating: 5/5... it's my favourite restaurant after all. I love the food, I love the presentation of the food, I love the atmosphere..... that's why I stick to Sake whether I'm in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.





Sake Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon Click to add a blog post for Saké Restaurant & Bar on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment