Monday 15 June 2015

El Loco, Surry Hills

The Slushies are very boozy @ El Loco, Surry Hills


El Loco is a great place to have some casual drinks and snacks with friends. Set within a pub, the atmosphere is really chill. I had been craving a beetroot margarita from their old menu but it's gone! Oh no!  Instead I tried the pink cuco which is a house creation with tequila, grapefruit, lime juice, coriander and ginger syrup ($14) and the classic margarita (also $14). My first sip was full of alcohol and crushed ice! Both certainly make an impression!

To share with my gal friend, we ordered a taco each - the beef and the chicken ($6) each and some chips with chipotle sauce ($7). The snacks are perfect for small portions of snacks but with enough naughty to satisfy your tastebuds. The chips are similar to Mc Donalds but slightly better cooked. The tacos are full of flavour you can see all the toppings.


A new item which I hadn't tried on the menu was the churros ($9). The Churros with caramel sauce came in a portion of 4. The Churros were good but a bit doughy for my liking. I would probably give this one a miss unless you particularly like doughy churros.

Prices: Depends on how much you order. $6 for tacos, $10-18 for most other dishes plus drinks

Location: 64 Foveaux st, Surry Hills

Opening hours: Open from noon to late

Lisa's Rating: Perfect for a casual catch up with atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Tasty food. Bathroom is not great... but I still rate this place - 4/5



El Loco on Urbanspoon Click to add a blog post for El loco on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment