Thursday, 30 July 2015

Hutong Dumpling Bar, Melbourne CBD


Delicious dumplings await @ Hutong Dumpling Bar in Melbourne
Hutong is my favourite dumpling house in Melbourne. A lot of people will generally rave about the Xiao Long Bao (the soup filled pork steamed dumplings) and also the szechuan chili marinated dumplings (above, $10.80). The szwchuan chili dumplings are my favourite, they taste sweet and spicy at the same time. I have been coming to Hutong for years and these dumplings have always pleasured my taste buds.

On this occasion, I wanted to try some non-dumpling dishes so I ordered a crowd favourite in 
salt and pepper squid ($9.80). The squid was nice and similar to the salt and pepper squid that you would get at yum cha. I like the light batter and lightly salt/pepper flavours.



I also ordered the Szechaun chicken (below) which wasn't bad but wasn't particularly great. I'm not sure I would order this again. I think I'd prefer to stick to the dumpling dishes in future!

Prices: $30ish per head

Location: 14 Market Lane, Melbourne CBD. 

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Click to add a blog post for HuTong Dumpling Bar on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment