Tuesday 14 July 2015

Stir Crazy Thai, Kirribilli


The local thai in Kirribilli is Stir Crazy Thai
Stir Crazy Thai is a reasonable local thai. It has a 75% like rate on urbanspoon but I'm thinking more in the 60's for me. It's reasonable. With my two English work colleagues, we ordered the classic favourites of Vegetarian Spring Rolls (4 for $7.90) and Chicken Satay ($8.90). The spring rolls are crunchy and the chicken satay is tasty in a pool of sauce.

I've read reviews that Stir Crazy Thai really alters its food for the local eating patrons who aren't used to more spicy and traditional thai dishes. I probably agree with this but I don't think it really matters. "Australianised" thai has its place and I'm sure if you really want authentic thai then you wouldn't be eating in Kirribilli.



The Hokkien Noodles with chicken and vegetables (above, $13.90) was nice and saucey. It was missing some chili but I just love Hokkien noodles with corn and chunks of beans, snow peas and other vegetables.

My English colleague thought the Heavenly Beef ($15.90, below) was the best dish and though it was really literally heavenly. I thought the sauce was really nice, a gravy-light-curry but the beef was a bit dry.


The Pad Thai with Prawns (below, $18.90) was not bad but the Hokkein noodles were probably the winner of the meal for me. So check it out if you are looking for a reasonable thai restaurant. They are licensed so when you are in good company; you'll enjoy the meal.

Prices: $30 per head
Location: 1 Broughton St, Kirribilli
Opening Hours: 11am to 10:30pm

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 7/10



Stir Crazy Thai on Urbanspoon Click to add a blog post for Stir Crazy Thai on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment