Sunday 26 July 2015

Thousand Spices, Homebush


My favourite Indian in Sydney is @ Thousand Spices in Homebush


My good friend who is Indian suggested that the Thousand Spices was her "go to" Indian so I brought it upon myself to check it out. She is right on the money and now the Thousand Spices is my favourite Indian.

I order the Bhel Puri, which is the Crispy Puffed Rice mixed with sweet and spicy condiments ($6.90, above). It's a mildy spiced puffed rice dish with lots of textures of nuts, onion, tomato and spring onion. I like the crunch from the nuts among the other crunch of puffed rice.










I order the "Pasliyaan Awadhi" which are grilled lamb chops cooked with lamb mince ($18.90, above) in a mild curry sauce. It's quite a thick sauce as it's with lamb mince but it's quite tasty. The portion is small so you don't go too overboard. I quite enjoyed this dish with some garlic naan bread.

The Goan Fish Curry ($16.90, below) which has Boneless Fish Curry in a hot tomato and coconut sauce goan style. Again, the curry is mild and I quite enjoy the flavours without feeling the burn.


I ordered the Butter Naan ($2.50), and Garlic Naan ($3.00) which is just perfection. Overall, I had a really nice experience at the Thousand Spices.

I should mention, I also bumped into my friend's husband who often comes to Thousand Spices as well.

Prices: $30 per person

Location: Right across from the station, 23 the Crescent, Homebush

Opening Hours: Closed on Monday, Tuesday to Sunday open from 12pm to 10pm


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10 



Click to add a blog post for Thousand Spices on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    carpet steam cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Glebe

    ReplyDelete