Saturday 14 November 2015

Better Homes and Gardens Live - The Master Classes!

 Thanks for Fast Ed for his master class. There were some gorgeous creations in his class. Above is the three layered chocolate hazelnut gateau. Wow!

For fans of food, DIY and Better Homes and Gardens; they've all been flocking to Olympic Park for Better Homes and Gardens Live from 13th-15 November 2015 in Sydney. Check out the website for tickets (https://www.bhglive.com.au/sydney/). There's live demonstrations, master classes and lots of stalls to check out. You can even have breakfast or high tea with Fast Ed. 

I opted to try Fast Ed's Chocolate Master Class! There were some very talented home-bakers next to me. Fast Ed ran step by step, how to make a beautiful cake (top photo, great cake creation by my friend who was baking next to me).



 Here's one that didn't fare so well. Ed described this as a Ops I dropped my cake.

Below was my final creation which I was happy with! Not bad for a first try!  I must confess Fast Ed did give me a hand in really whisking the icing. He thinks I need more time at the gym as I didn't whisk hard enough LOL.



I also checked out Elle Vernon's cupcake decorating class. Elle is Better Homes and Gardens Live food editor and walked us through how to create beautiful rose-like flowers. The cupcakes were pre-made to make life a bit easier. The roses decorations need a bit of practice but again I had some talented people around me.






Do you think my creation above looks like the photo?


I have a lot of respect for those who can regularly bake with such ease and talent. The master classes were great for home cooks, especially for those who were keen to meet the TV personalities in person.

I was invited as a guest of Agent99 Public Relations. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    Bond cleaning sydney
    Bond cleaning

    ReplyDelete