Sunday, 29 November 2015

Moeru, West Ryde

Moeru is a new Japanese Eatery in West Ryde. I wanted some delicious Sushi. 
West Ryde has two other Japanese restaurants - both very popular. Yatai is right by the train station and Tatsuya is attached to a petrol station but is the most popular by far. Moeru has now entered the scene and seems to be gaining traction. I am seeing more and more people in Moeru.

I ordered the medium sushi (top photo, $24.90 for 14 pieces). The platter of sushi had a mix of nigiri of eel, salmon, tuna, king fish and prawn. Each morsel was fresh and delicious and up to standard. A definite recommend but I have to say I also very much enjoy the sashimi platters at Tatsuya.


Moeru had some specials that night so I thought I'd try the tempura fried eel ($15ish, above). The tempura is light and crispy; the eel is crunchy as well but I don't get much of the eel flavour. I'm not sure if I'd order this again.  I also order the smoked miso cod (below, $25ish). It has a light smokey flavour with mild buttery miso flavours. It was nice but a little bit light in portion generosity.

Overall, I had a nice experience at Moeru, I think the sushi/sashimi is great and I'll have to come back to try the other dishes.

Prices: $40ish per person

Location: 6 West Parade, West Ryde, Right by the train station
Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 7/10


Moeru Japanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment