Sunday 29 November 2015

Moeru, West Ryde

Moeru is a new Japanese Eatery in West Ryde. I wanted some delicious Sushi. 
West Ryde has two other Japanese restaurants - both very popular. Yatai is right by the train station and Tatsuya is attached to a petrol station but is the most popular by far. Moeru has now entered the scene and seems to be gaining traction. I am seeing more and more people in Moeru.

I ordered the medium sushi (top photo, $24.90 for 14 pieces). The platter of sushi had a mix of nigiri of eel, salmon, tuna, king fish and prawn. Each morsel was fresh and delicious and up to standard. A definite recommend but I have to say I also very much enjoy the sashimi platters at Tatsuya.


Moeru had some specials that night so I thought I'd try the tempura fried eel ($15ish, above). The tempura is light and crispy; the eel is crunchy as well but I don't get much of the eel flavour. I'm not sure if I'd order this again.  I also order the smoked miso cod (below, $25ish). It has a light smokey flavour with mild buttery miso flavours. It was nice but a little bit light in portion generosity.

Overall, I had a nice experience at Moeru, I think the sushi/sashimi is great and I'll have to come back to try the other dishes.

Prices: $40ish per person

Location: 6 West Parade, West Ryde, Right by the train station
Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 6/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value: 7/10


Moeru Japanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Waterloo
    End of lease cleaning Mosman
    End of lease cleaning Manly

    ReplyDelete