Saturday 12 December 2015

Coonanbarra Cafe, Wahroonga

Coonanbarra Cafe in Wahroonga and has the qualities of a country town cafe. 



Coonanbarra Cafe is located near the station in Wahroonga and is situated across from a park full of children. I stopped by on a whim for a casual lunch on the weekend.

Zomato rates the Coonanbarra cafe at 3.2/5 and seems to be plagued by old reviews that aren't so favourable. Based on my recent experience, I had a nicer experience and enjoyed their food so their rating seems harsh to me.

As I walked in, I notice the random decorations on the wall, the paintings and the wooden furniture. It's a very casual setting and reminds me of an old country town.



I order a chai latte ($4, above left) which was standard and home made soda ($7, above right) which was made of pineapple/mint. It was like a lightly sparkling juice. I'd probably order other drinks rather than the home made soda.

For lunch I ordered the very sexy looking roasted pork burger with a side of chips ($19, top photo). As it arrived on a wooden board, I thought that was a very attractive burger. It's best described as a burger with the lot except the lettuce - with fried egg, onion ring, cabbage slaw and tomato jam. The burger was satisfying and well put together; the chips were good. A recommend!


I had an equally attractive steak sandwich ($19, above and below) with baby wild rocket, roasted tomato, beetroot relish, aioli with a side of chips. The beetroot relish started to escape (below) but I managed to regain control. The steak was pink in the middle which is just how I like it. I'd also recommend this dish.

Overall I had a nice experience at the Coonanbarra cafe, I thought the food was great and sexy to the eye. It was tough to get the attention of the staff at times but they were a bit busy so I understand. I'd love to come back to try out their dinner menu.

Prices: $25-30 for lunch
Location: 64 Coonanbarra Rd, Wahroonga


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


The Coonanbarra Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment