Monday 8 February 2016

A Thousand Spices, Homebush

I come back to my local Indian in Homebush - A Thousand Spices.
I have been to A Thousand Spices many times as I always enjoy the food, the customer service is great and it's packed full of customers which makes for good ambience. Check out my previous blog post here where I tried different dishes.

For Entree, I order the paneer tikka (above, $8.90) which essentially is baked cottage cheese with a minty, yoghurty sauce. It's quite nice but a but naughty if you are counting calories.


The naan bread is always fluffy and light which I really like. The plain naan is $2.50 and the garlic naan is $3.50. I always like to order one of each (above). It's a must order side dish.

I share a Murgh Tikka Masala (mild chicken curry, below) which has a tomato base with gravy, peppers and is topped with coriander ($14.90). It's a nice dish to enjoy. I have enjoyed all the curries I've tried. I often just randomly pick new ones to try when I go to A thousand spices.


My eating friend insists on dessert so we order to Kheer (below, $4.00). I'm not a big fan of Indian dessert as it seems to clash with my Vietnamese palette but my eating friend who is also a big fan of rice pudding absolutely loves the Kheer which is a traditional rice pudding and is topped with nuts.

Overall, another great experience. I'll be back.

Prices: $30-40 per head

Location: Right across from the station, 23 the Crescent, Homebush

Opening Hours: Closed on Monday, Tuesday to Sunday open from 12pm to 10pm

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10 


Click to add a blog post for Thousand Spices on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment