Wednesday 24 February 2016

Belly Bao, Sydney CBD


Belly Bao is great for a few snacks and drinks after work.



Belly Bao is located within the Good God Club, which is a dark and trendy hipster bar. Be aware that there is no phone reception once you enter the dungeon below so it's harder to track down friends who are running late. I reserve a table now knowing that it can become difficult to get one.

My friend suggest ordering the Crispy Tofu Bao (top right, $6.5) which is a lightly crumbed tofu with coriander. It's quite nice if you are a fan of tofu. The slow braised beef short rib bao (top left, $6.5) was quite spicy and the meat was tender. I'd recommend both as a snack.

No Belly Bao experience is complete without the sweet potato fries ($7, above) topped with spicy mayo. The spicy mayo has a surprisingly hot and spicy kick to it which is unexpected. Don't order this if you can't handle your spice.


My friend orders the soft shell crab bao and essentially devours this ($7.5, top left). It's lightly crumbed and also topped with coriander and chili aioli. The Bao on the right is the crackling roast pork belly (top right, $6.5) which has pickled radish and has a herb mayo.

As I visit on a Thursday night, I also order a Bao Burger which is only available on Thursdays for $12. You can also order another patty for $3. I had seen so many great pics and reviews about this so I had heightened expectations on this bao burger. To be honest, I was a little bit underwhelmed. It was a nice burger. The bread is bao-like so it's nice and soft. The trimmings and the patty were well prepared but I was expecting a foodgasm which didn't quite come to fruition for me. It's worth trying if you are curious.

In my last visit, I check out some of the other baos including the chicken panko bao. My last visit was in October 2015.

Prices: Snacks $6.5-$15

Location: 53-55 Liverpool St, Sydney (within Good God).


Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 8/10 for casual dining / snacks
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10



Belly Bao Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. Employing proficient cleaners from aCleaning company Sydney trustworthy organization to do your move out cleaning is the perfect choice and now you don't need to stress over your homeEnd of lease cleaning Paddington | Bond cleaning North Sydney intriguing and amazing.I delighted in it so much and thank you for a great article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I value examining this blog which fuses lots of strong information it is uncommonly captivating and stunning and rejoices in light of thatEnd of lease cleaning Services Adelaide | End of lease cleaning services in Adelaide the audit is outstandingly helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaners from a trustworthy relationship to do your move out cleaning is an ideal decision and now you don't have to worry over your home amazing and stunning. I End of lease cleaning Pyrmont | Bond cleaning Pyrmont | End of lease cleaning Southern suburbs appreciated it so much and thank you for a marvelous article, it helped me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    BBQ cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Bardia
    End of lease cleaning Barra Brui

    ReplyDelete