Thursday 18 February 2016

Golden Hawk Chinese, West Ryde

Golden Hawk Chinese is located in Ryde - Eastwood Leagues Club in the suburb of West Ryde.

Golden Hawk Chinese seems to be quite busy when I came to visit on a Saturday night. I was not sure what to expect for a restaurant within the leagues club. I vaguely remember coming here years ago for yum cha and it was very mediocre. 

However someone had mentioned to me that they had a really good experience here so I thought I'd give this restaurant another try.  The decore is out dated but still has some suburban charm.


I ordered the beef with rice noodles (top photo, $16.80) but it arrived with Singaporean noodles. I didn't say anything as I didn't mind that much. I order a glass of wine with my meal and try the noodles along with some honey king prawns ($22.80, below).

I felt like the dishes were prepared for a more Western palette. The noodles would be comparable to food court Chinese. The honey king prawns were nice enough but became a bit sickeningly sweet after a few. Perhaps a dish best shared with multiple dishes. I'm still on the hunt for a local Chinese. I'm not sure if I'd come back. Sorry folks.



Golden Hawk Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Golden Hawk Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Southern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg
    End of lease cleaning Bundeena

    ReplyDelete