Thursday, 18 February 2016

Golden Hawk Chinese, West Ryde

Golden Hawk Chinese is located in Ryde - Eastwood Leagues Club in the suburb of West Ryde.

Golden Hawk Chinese seems to be quite busy when I came to visit on a Saturday night. I was not sure what to expect for a restaurant within the leagues club. I vaguely remember coming here years ago for yum cha and it was very mediocre. 

However someone had mentioned to me that they had a really good experience here so I thought I'd give this restaurant another try.  The decore is out dated but still has some suburban charm.


I ordered the beef with rice noodles (top photo, $16.80) but it arrived with Singaporean noodles. I didn't say anything as I didn't mind that much. I order a glass of wine with my meal and try the noodles along with some honey king prawns ($22.80, below).

I felt like the dishes were prepared for a more Western palette. The noodles would be comparable to food court Chinese. The honey king prawns were nice enough but became a bit sickeningly sweet after a few. Perhaps a dish best shared with multiple dishes. I'm still on the hunt for a local Chinese. I'm not sure if I'd come back. Sorry folks.



Golden Hawk Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Golden Hawk Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment