Friday 10 June 2016

Ichi Bon Boshi, The Galeries


NO RAMEN, NO LIFE. With the cooler weather I am craving spicy, hot broth with delicious ramen noodles. My good friend wanted to go back to Ichi Bon Boshi so I came back for a visit.


Ichi Bon Boshi is a casual eatery located on the top floor of the Galeries in Town Hall, Sydney CBD. It has a food court feel to it but is known for very reasonably priced meals. For about $10-15, you can get a generous sized ramen to warm you up as the weather cools down. Ichi Bon Boshi has quite a large ramen selection as well as other Japanese dishes. 

I have been here before and tried the savoury dishes. Check out my review here if you want to see the non-ramen dishes. 




My friend orders the "Very hot ramen" ($11.90, top photo) which is the spicy ramen broth with roast pork, egg and vegetables. The broth has a bit of spicy kick to it so you can expect this broth to clear the sinuses. It's not too spicy for my palette. I quite like it! The noodles soak up the light spicy broth and warms you on the inside.


The Tan-Tan Tsukemen ($13, above) is a cold noodle dish where you dip the noodles into the pork mince spicy tan tan soup. The broth is thicker with the pork mince and is warm so you have a nice contrast of the cold noodles in the hot broth. 


Highlights: The ramen was really delicious! I think the ramen is the highlight for Ichi Bon Boshi compared to the other dishes. Both the spicy hot ramen and the cold noodle tan tan ramen was great! This is my pick over Ramen Zundo which is not far in World Square (although I still quite like Ramen Zundo).

Suggested Improvements: N/A - I quite like it for what it is. It's a for value meal that warms the soul. 


Price: $10-15

Location: Top Floor of the Galeries, 500 George St, Sydney. Not far from Town Hall. 


Opening Hours: 11am to 9pm daily



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out for a cheap and cheerful meal and if you love ramen
Food: 9/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 8/10



Above is the view downstairs from my table
Ichiban Boshi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I loved the manner in which you introduced your data, You should keep dispersing obliging subjects thus, it's extraordinarily charming and astounding End of lease House cleaning | End of lease cleaning Houseand rejoice in light of that the audit is outstandingly valuable.

    ReplyDelete