Thursday 15 September 2016

Cooh, Alexandria



Cooh is the new kid on the block in Alexandria and has a stunning menu that will be sure to make your taste buds rock and roll. It's time for brunch that's healthy, nutritious and mighty tasty. 



MW and I arrive at Cooh in Alexandria at about 11am and immediately get a table. I'm so sick of the wait for some nearby cafes so I'm grateful that I am seated immediately because I am hungry! 

I eye off the gorgeous flowers at my table along with the sleek decore at Cooh. To start off my brunch, I order a chai latte ($4) and MW orders a hot chocolate ($4).



I notice there are some really interesting sounding smoothies and MW orders the Chia Power ($8.5, above) which is made of coconut milk, mango, banana and chia. This smoothie is really delicious and the chia adds a nice nutritional punch. A definite recommend!


Cooh also has an array of crushies. Above, left is the Immune Crushie ($8.5) which has acai, apple juice, blueberries and chia seeds. It's quite refreshing and light. 

If you like a heavier drink, stick to the smoothies. The above, right smoothie is the Green Smoothie ($8.5) which has Banana, spinach, kale, agave and coconut milk. MW's favourite smoothie is the Chia Power, I suspect so because he loves mango. 


Surprisingly, one of my favourite dishes at Cooh is the Quinoa Super Salad (above, below $20 + $2 for organic poached egg) which consists of pumpkin hommus, herbed quinoa with sauteed kale, nuts and seeds, enoki and field mushrooms with a peanut tahini dressing. This dish is Vegetarian and Gluten Free. BUT it's my favourite because it's really tasty.

I typically wouldn't order any super food dish but the taste, mixture of textures and unique combination of the Quinoa Super Salad absolutely win me over and I can't believe I've just eaten quinoa for brunch.  Even MW who is mostly a meat eater is surprised at how tasty this dish is. A definite recommend!



If you've got more of a sweet tooth then I would suggest checking out the Buckwheat Pancake (above, $22).  This dish is so sexy and sweet. WOW.

The pancake is made from coconut and berry and is topped with seasonal fruit, dairy free coconut yoghurt and toasted coconut chips. I really like the bits of pomegranate as it adds a bit of pop. The pancake has a strong coconut flavour with large blueberry chunks.


I also tried the Bircher ($15) which is a lighter dish. The Bircher is made of gluten free super food grains made with organic raw almond and coconut milk, almonds, fruit compote, berries and coconut yoghurt. The Bircher is topped with a generous amount of fruit.



My other favourite dish was the Zucchini Buckwheat Fritters (above, $20) as I love cured ocean trout and avo. The fritters are savoury but come to live with the tomato relish and avo corn salsa. Loved it!!! A def recommend. SOOO yummy.

For anyone who's less adventurous and loves eggs, I highly recommend the Chilli Jam Scrambled Eggs ($18, below) with the fluffiest eggs with pecorino, chilli jam with a side of avocardo served on sourdough.

There seems to be some mixed reviews on Zomato but I think it's because Cooh has only been in operation for about a year and it does take time to smooth out teething issues. I definitely suggest coming back to see how it's all coming together and giving the venue feedback if it's not quite to standard. I had a great time!
Summary: SKIP the queues and go to Cooh for AMAZINGLY TASTY and UNIQUE brunch options. I absolutely loved the variety in menu and for those who are looking for something unique - order the Quinoa Super Salad. You can't really go wrong with the other dishes. They all are so tasty and have amazing nutritional value.

Cooh also have a smaller venue in Curl Curl.

Price: $20ish per main

Location: 90-96 Bourke St, Alexandria


Opening Hours: 

7am to 4pm Mon, 
7am to 11pm Tues to Fri, 
8am to 11pm, Sat
8am to 4pm, Sun

LOVED IT and I will be back.


Cooh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Weekend Food Escapes dined as a guest of Cooh. All photos, words and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
    England

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    BBQ cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning

    ReplyDelete