I blinked and suddenly saw several Doughtnut Time stores across Sydney CBD. These babies have been spreading like wild fire.
After seeing a massive queue at the QVB store, I walk a few metres down and check out the Doughtnut Time in the Top Shop. That's my hot tip for anyone who wants to skip the queue.
Doughnut Time sells donuts that make you eat with your eyes. There's bright colours, flavours and toppings to entice any donut lover. Each donut will set you back $6.
So I choose a few that took my fancy. The below photo from the top left is the
- Creme De La Creme - Creme Brulee custard- filled and topped with toffee
- Bling Ring - Lemon Sherbert glaze topped with vanilla meringue and rainbow sprinkles.
- Ferrero no share - dark chocolate glaze, topped with roasted hazlenuts and a ferrero rocher
The second row consists (left to right) of
- Attention Seeker - A velvety chocolate glaze topped with mini marshmallows, peanuts, sprinkles and mini m&ms
- Veruca Salt - Salted caramel filled and dusted with cinnamon sugar.
- Slim Shady - Vanilla Glaze with mini M&Ms.
My favourite is the Bling Ring as I like the slightly tangy lemon sherbert glaze. The little vanilla meringue also provides a slight fizz and texture.
You can never go wrong with chocolate though. Chocolate icing on a donut brings me back memories of working in retail as a teen and buying a chocolate donut as a treat.
As an adult, I can't resist an original glazed cronut from Brewtown Newtown or a Krispy Kreme donut or a fresh cinnamon donut from donut king. I'll add the Bling Ring to the list.
So if you can afford the calories and love a good old donut then check out Doughnut Time :)
Weekendfoodescapes was gifted vouchers from Sweaty Betty PR. All photos, words and opinions are my own.