Thursday, 22 December 2016

Thai La-Ong, Newtown


I am old and went to Sydney university some years ago. One of the things I really miss about those days was the incredible, for value and tasty thai in Newtown. I head back to refresh my memories at Thai La-Ong.



Thai La-Ong is located on King St in Newtown. It's a smallish shop but they have a AWESOME lunch special at $7.50 with a whole list of options. Best for value lunch ever!

I came in on the weekend and was very impressed that the lunch special is also available. During this time, they only accept cash so come prepared. It's not too busy when I get there at about 12pm.




I'm craving some noodles so I go for a classic Pad See Ewe with beef (Above, $7.50). It's a flat rice noodle dish in a soy black bean sauce with egg and vegetables. The noodles are really saucy and there's a slight sweetness (I assume they add a bit of sugar) to the dish. I love it and this dish is so for value!!

MW goes for the Pra Ram Long Song with chicken (below, $7.50) which is a peanut sauce with vegetables on rice. The peanut sauce is not quite a satay sauce - it's a thicker creamier texture. I really like it actually and I am envious that MW has chosen so well. Luckily, we always share a little bit.

Love it and I will be back.

Summary: Great value, really delicious and the good is legit thai.

Price: $7.50 lunch 11:30am to 3:30pm

Location: 89-91 King St, Newtown


Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30 to 3:30pm, 5pm to 10:30pm, Sun 5pm to 10pm



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you love thai food
Food: 9/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 10/10


Thai La-Ong Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    เห็ดหลินจือแดง

    ReplyDelete