Tuesday 14 February 2017

Belle's Chicken, Sydney CBD


Belle's Chicken has been really popular and so to avoid the queues and hype - I have deliberately waited some time before I checked out the venue. 


Belle's Chicken is located in Barangaroo (and recently opened up in the Glebe Tram Sheds as well). MW and I go for a nice lunch on the weekend. A long line starts forming quite quickly and before you know it, there's about 40 people ahead of me. My impatience quickly sets in. It's a particularly hot day but I'm eager to try the food after quite a bit of anticipation.
I eye off some of the food from other people nearby who are taking photos.  The food looks good. I am hungry.

After a good 30 minutes of waiting, we are finally at the front of the queue. MW orders a beer and I start sipping on a glass of wine while we wait for our food. I was starving after all that waiting but it didn't seem to take too long (maybe 15 minutes) before the food arrives.


MW orders the chicken and waffles ($20 and only available on the weekend). You can choose the form of chicken (tenders, drum sticks, wings) and also how spicy you want the chicken (Southern, medium, hot, really hot and really f**kin hot). MW eyes light up when the chicken and waffles arrives.

What a great combination. The sweetness of the syrup with the waffles with the spicy chicken works! No wonder Americans love this pairing. The chicken is well marinated and is well cooked - moist and flavoursome. What a winning combination.


I opt for the chicken sandwich ($17) with a choice of side - I choose the chips. The chicken sandwich is more like a chicken burger but smaller. The chicken sandwich is really tasty. I'm starting to see where all the hype is coming from.

The chips are crinkle cut and well seasoned. Delicious.




I am full once eating the chicken sandwich and trying some of MW's chicken and waffles. I continue eating with my eyes though as I eye off some more nearby food at Belle's Chicken. The chorizo looks good.

Summary: The food is really tasty and I'd definitely be back if I can get there at a time with no queue. The older I get, the more impatient I seem to become! Make sure you go on the weekend so you can try those delicious chicken and waffles.

Price: $30ish per person

Location: 33 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo


Opening Hours: 12pm to 10:30pm daily (closes at 9:30 on Sunday)


This meal was independently paid for. All photos, words and opinions are my own.



Belles Hot Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Yup I love Belles especially on a sunny Sydney weekend!
    Probably best American style chicken wings in Sydney at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went recently and enjoyed it. I really want to go back and try the waffles!

    ReplyDelete