Thursday 23 February 2017

Chef's Gallery, Macquarie Park


I had a friend date night at Chef's Gallery in Macquarie Park recently. We both have our favourite dishes and have dined in the Sydney CBD Chef's Gallery many times.





Chef's Gallery in Macquarie Park is located within the Macquarie Centre right next to the cinema. As I arrive on Friday evening at approximately 6pm, there's already a queue to get into Chef's Gallery. The venue is buzzing full of people.

I order a lovely glass of shiraz to wipe away the week and Mel orders one of the lovely Chef's Gallery tea. The tea is very relaxing to watch and drink. 

We look at the menu and immediately start ordering a delicious dinner. We cannot go to Chef's Gallery without ordering their signature Prawn and Pork Wontons in a Shanghainese spicy sauce (5 pieces for $11.90). I love these dumplings. They arrive warm in a spicy and sweet sauce and as you bite into the plump dumpling, a burst of flavour comes out that will rock your world.




As Mel and I talk about all things in life - work, money, family, boys and food - our next dish arrives. The shredded lamb with spicy cumin rolled inside a flaky chinese roti ($17.90) comes in a portion of 6. The lamb is full of flavour and the roti is quite thin. Mel prefers more bland flavours in a dish like this but I like the full flavour from the lamb roti. The lamb is well seasoned.




No trip to Chef's Gallery is complete without ordering one of their hand made noodle wok fried dishes. I order the spinach noodles with prawns, mussels, calamari, carrots and mushrooms ($19.90). The noodles are very flavoursome and there's a decent portion of seafood. I like the slightly oily noodles.



Even though Mel and I are quite full. We cannot resist ordering one serve of the Emoji custard buns ($9.80 for 2). The googling big eyes and the wink win my heart over. The buns are quite doughy so you will need to take a few bites before you get into the middle. Billy, our waiter was very attentive and looked quite stressed when the buns took a little longer to come out. I didn't mind too much as I was in no rush.

Summary: Another consistent experience at Chef's Gallery. The Chef's Gallery at Macquarie delivers the goods when it comes to their signature dumplings and noodles. My tastebuds are satisfied.

Price: $30-40 per person

Location: Shop 407, Herring Rd, Macquarie Shopping Centre, Macquarie Park NSW 2113


Opening Hours: 11am to 9:30pm daily

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Cardinal Spin. All words, opinions and photos are my own.




Chefs Gallery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment