Saturday 25 March 2017

Manoosh Pizzeria, Enmore


Manoosh Pizzeria has two venues - one in Enmore and one in Marrickville. I had heard that they have won stacks of awards by Menulog including the top national gong "Most Popular Restaurant 2016". They beat 8000 other venues so the locals must love them. I personally love a good Lebanese pizza so I was eager to check it out.


Manoosh Pizzeria are currently renovating in their Marrickville venue and will then soon do the same to their Enmore store. Their Marrickville store is predominantly a take away store while Enmore has more seating facilities. 




MW and I love the Turkish bread called pides. The Haloumi pie that comes out resembles a similar shape. The Haloumi Pie ($7.5) is a melted haloumi in a semi circle pie coated with sesame seeds. The bread is warm, light and homely and the Haloumi is slightly salty, melted and delicious. I highly recommend ordering this dish. It's a simple and well executed dish.




I had to try one of the Zaatar dishes. If you haven't tried Zaatar bread before - the spread on the bread is made of thyme, sumac and sesame seeds. It's zesty and earthly tasting. 

In addition to the usual zaatar bread, Manoosh add other ingredients to make this a wrap. I try the Zaatar with labne ($7) which is a zaatar bread wrapped with fresh labne (yoghurt), olives, onion, tomato and mint leaves. The salty olive flavour is dominant and it's mellowed out by the labne. 




Their signature chicken wrap ($8.5) is a chicken breast with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion and is topped with their garlic sauce. I really love this combination of chicken and garlic sauce. The only missing piece is some hot chips! It reminds me of what I normally order at El Jannah. The pickles add a slight crunch and refreshment from the garlic sauce.

Summary: The winner of all the dishes I tried has to be the the bread. There's something about the wrap bread that is fluffy and addictive. My fave is probably the haloumi pie although if you threw some hot chips my way in that chicken wrap I would go nuts. Manoosh is also quite reasonable in price as well. 

Price: Most dishes are below $10

Location: 170 Enmore rd, Enmore


Website: 
https://www.manoosh.com.au/

Opening Hours: 
Monday to Thursday 5pm to 11pm
Friday, Saturday 12pm to 12am
Sunday 12pm to 11pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Manoosh Pizzeria. All words, photos and opinions are my own.
Manoosh Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment