Wednesday 31 May 2017

Nok Nok Eating House, Darling Harbour

My first experience at Nok Nok Eating House was average. Since then I've come back and had much better experiences. Have you ever gone back to a venue and it's gotten better?

Nok Nok Eating House is located in Darling Quarter which is the little strip of restaurants in Darling Harbour. At lunch time during the weekdays, they have a great $10 selected lunch menu. Quite a few of my work colleagues will go to Nok Nok Eating House on a Friday so I join them one lunch time.


On a Friday afternoon, many others are also dining here so it can be hard to get a table inside with the cooler weather so on this occasion, the three of us manage to get a table outside. 

I decide to order a vegetarian pad thai ($10) as I've been taking a minor break from meat. The vegetarian pad thai is served up with egg, broccoli, corn, carrot, beans and choy sum greens. The thai noodles are flavoursome with the expected sweet and mildly sour flavours. Very enjoyable to eat and I love coriander so that always adds a level of freshness.

My colleague R orders the pad see ewe ($10) with chicken. The flat rice noodles are well coated in the soy based sauce that is slightly sweet as well accompanied by the choy sum greens. This is another enjoyable noodle dish.


T goes for her usual choo chee seafood dish ($14.90) which has rice, red curry that is mildly sweet which is also served with mushrooms, capsicum, broccoli, onion and seafood including calamari, mussel, prawns and fish. I really like this dish as the flavours are bold but don't take away from the natural seafood flavours. Highly recommended!

This experience contrast vastly with my first experience where the food was over cooked and not as enjoyable to eat. I'm glad I came back.


Summary: A high value lunch during the week, $10 for selected items is a great price for the portion size and table service and especially for this area of the city. 

I would highly recommend all the dishes in this post - the noodle pad thai and pad see ewe and also the thai curry choo chee seafood dish.

Price: $10-15 for a weekday lunch. Otherwise the most mains are $20ish


Location: 1-25 Harbour St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 11:30am to 10pm daily


Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.



Nok Nok Thai Eating House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Botany
    End of lease cleaning Glebe

    ReplyDelete