Tuesday 13 June 2017

Ms. G's, Potts Point


I recently had the pleasure of dining with my work mates at Ms G's in Potts Point. I've heard great things about Ms G's and their famous burger spring rolls. As we are dining in a group - we go with the banquet. The banquet is $67 with a requirement of 4 people or more.

Ms G's is a short stroll from Kings Cross Station and is dimly lit with a bright red light from the wall. As we sip on wine, we eagerly await a delicious banquet. Ms G's is modern Asian fusion so there's lots of different dishes to try.

To avoid taking photos in the dim red light, I sheeplishly ask one of my work colleagues to share light from their phone. The banquet starts with the Ms G's Falafel, green tomato salsa, black garlic aioli. It's a mouthful of delicious. I quite like falafels!
Next up is the Mini Banh Mi made with chicken katsu. It's got the pickled carrot, coriander and light sauce with the bread and crumbed chicken. The highlight for the group is definitely the Cheese burger spring roll. As you bite into the crispy spring roll you get this cheesey oozey sauce with chunks of meat pattie. These are a definite order.
 


I really enjoyed the Kingfish aged ponz, konbu, chives which is light. I think the banquet should have started with the dish. The thinly sliced kingfish was very easy to eat. Next up is the Salad of fried tofu, roasted beetroot, shaved fennel and togarashi. I've never had tofu with fennel before but it seems to work quite well with a nice contrast of texture and adds a level of refreshment from the soft tofu.




Above is the Burrata with sesame sauce, chilli oil, spinach and peanuts. This is also a very popular dish with the group as they really enjoy the creamy burrata cheese with the asian sauce. The chilli and sesame sauce is a winning combination.
I highly recommend this dish.

Next is the Roasted brussel sprouts, dried shrimp, chilli, garlic, fish sauce, mint. I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts but the thick garlic and chilli sauce make this unpopular vegetable edible. As Jimmy Fallon would say "Eww" - I really don't like brussel sprouts.


The group is starting to get full although some of the males are still devouring the Jow's sweet and sour lamb ribs and the "Bo Ssam" char siu free range pork belly with lettuce cups, pineapple kimchi and ssamjang. These two meat dishes are the more substantive dishes of the banquet. I quite like the lettuce cup with pork belly with the crackle. If only I wasn't so full.

Then there's the dessert which we share and there's the Stoner's Delight with doughnut ice cream, raspberry curd, peanut dulce de leche, peanut and pretzel brittle, crispy bacon, mars bar brownie, potato chips and deep fried nutella. There's also the Omar's Mess with green tea meringue, whipped yuzu curd, brown butter and jackfruit sorbet. I really enjoyed both desserts, especially the chips on the Stoner's delight which worked really well with the ice cream and peanut butter flavours. My favourite dessert was the Omar's Mess as that yuzu curd was just spectacular and delicious.

Summary: Ms G's is a nice place for Asian Fusion. The banquet is great and my fave dishes were the burger spring rolls, burrata cheese and the desserts of stoner's delight and the Omar's Mess. 

There were parts of the banquet where I couldn't help but long for just authentic flavours but I could tell with my work mates - they enjoyed the Asian fusion as you get a bit of creativity and difference. You should know that there's a 10% service charge for tables of 8+ and there's a 1.5% surcharge to credit card payments.

Price: $67 banquet for groups of 4+ pp

Location: 155 Victoria St, Potts Point


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Thursday 6pm to 11pm
Friday 12pm to 3pm and 6pm to 11pm
Saturday 12pm to 11pm
Sunday 1pm to 9pm

Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.



Ms. G's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Southern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Bondi Junction
    End of lease cleaning Potts point

    ReplyDelete