Monday 3 July 2017

Ippudo, Sydney


Ippudo has had a stellar stream of people every time I walk past at lunch or dinner. I came here 4 years ago and didn't feel like ramen so I tried all this other random fusion food which didn't sit well with me. This time I came back for the ramen on a cold night with my gals Yuri and Mel.



Ippudo has this dish called Bakuretsu Tofu ($10) which is a spicy tofu with minced pork in a sizzling hot pot. The spiciness is quite a hit and is really powerful! Mel actually exclaims WOW at the spiciness level as it was unexpected but both Yuri and Mel enjoy this dish for the bold flavours and for the point of difference on the menu.


We all order ramen. Yuri and I go for the medium width noodles and Mel goes for the thickest ramen noodles. Both Yuri and Mel go for the special at the time which has heavenly pieces of pork in a spicy broth.  As I was not feeling like eating meat - I decide to try their vegetarian Ramen which was surprisingly really good.

The broth is really flavoursome with hints of mushroom and is served up with greens, onion, tomato and mushrooms. The noodles are pleasant to eat with a medium firmness. I really like this ramen and would def order this again.


Summary: I enjoyed my recent experience at Ippudo and expect Ippudo to be incredibly busy throughout this busy cold winter. Def try the vegetarian ramen for something different

Price: $10-20 depending on what you order


Location: Level 5, Sydney Westfields 188 Pitt St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Mon to Wed : 11am to 10pm
Thurs, Fri, Sat : 11am to 11pm
Sunday: 11am to 9pm


Weekend Food Escapes dined anonymously and independently paid for this meal. All words, photos and opinions are my own.

Ippudo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning Pyrmont
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee
    End of lease cleaning Burraneer

    ReplyDelete