Wednesday 20 September 2017

Taj Bhavan, Harris Park Taste Food Tour Part 4


Next up is the Taj Bhavan on the Taste Food Tour. Have you heard of Taste Food Tours? They are a not-for-profit organisational the promote diversity and cultural harmony. Their Harris Park tour is a cracking tour and full of new things to try if you are not familiar with Indian cuisine.
Next up is my favourite venue of the tour which is the Taj Bhavan. It's located along the street of houses which are also restaurants.



The venue is brightly coloured with green, orange and white colours. The venue is 100% vegetarian as well.


While I'm quite full from the food so far on the Taste Food Tour - as soon as the Raj Kachori comes out. My eyes widen and I look in anticipation.



Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Raj Kachori. The Raj Kachori Chaat is absolutely beautiful with orange, green and white patterns. The oval shape is made of a crunchy texture which is smashed and is filled with condiments and small pieces of potato. The sauces are mildly sweet, yoghurt-like in texture and spicy all in one. It's hard to describe as this is such a unique dish. I highly recommend this dish.



Next up are some pani puris, these hollow little crunchy shells are waiting for you. We are shown a short demonstration whereby you strategically crack a small hole into the pani puri and then...


you add a small picture of beans and onion...


Then add in your condiments sauce and mint, chilli liquid. Then you pop the whole thing in  your mouth for a crunchy explosion of flavour. I absolutely loved it and got to perfect the right ratio between the sauce and liquid after the second go. I think this is my favourite stop so far.



The next part of the tour involves a slight break. We walk around and have a look at one of the local stores with lovely saris. These bright coloured dresses are often worn at events, weddings and other nice occasions. 

The store imports a lot of its goods including the brightly coloured clothing and jewellery from India and is well stocked and prepared for any big occasion. My eyes light up looking at all the bright colours. 

A short walk also helps from all the food I've eaten so far on the Taste Food Tour. So where next?

Taj Bhavan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

5 comments:

  1. As a nourishment aficionado, I am known for my articles itemizing different cooking styles from the indigenous dinners of Indonesia to your neighborhood Providence Restaurant.shogun hibachi uniontown pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.Night food market

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m satisfied to convey that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most surely will make sure to don’t overlook this website and give it a look regularly. persian market

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    BBQ cleaning Balmain
    End of lease cleaning Blairmount
    End of lease cleaning Birrong

    ReplyDelete