Monday 9 October 2017

Hisshou Teppanyaki, Haymarket


I've never experienced Teppanyaki before. Recently, True Local hosted a food safari including a teppanyaki experience at Hisshou Teppanyaki. I was excited. Along with other reviewers of True Local, we are seated around a hot iron plate in Haymarket.


There are all smiles round at the table next to me and I watch as their chef throws a raw egg at each of them to catch in a bowl. Laughter erupts and our table watches intently as we have an idea of what we're in for. There are a few options and our table goes for the Hibi Banquet ($49 per person). 



The Teppanyaki at Hisshou is incredibly interactive with the Chef talking to the group and putting us through challenges. We attempt to catch bowls, eggs (which ended very messy for some) and fried rice (which was a hard one). 

You also have a front window seat at how the food is being cooked which was a lot of fun. While we are watching the food being cooked as well as each other doing challenges, there's so much laughter. It's almost impossible not to have a good time at Hisshou Teppanyaki. The HIBI ($49 pp) banquet consists of miso soup and sesame salad to start off with.


There's also a king prawn, perch fillet to start the meal off. The food smells incredible as it sizzles on the iron plate. All the food though tends to be overcooked but it's still delicious. I enjoy the king prawn and the perch fillet which I also dip into the soy sauce for some salty flavours.


Next up is the teriyaki chicken which goes well with the satay sauce. Matt also really enjoys the medium rare cooked misoyaki tenderloin steak. 

The hardest challenge was definitely the fried rice for me. I misjudged and spilt the bowl of fried rice all over the floor. The chef made me sing "Let it go" and then gives me a bowl of rice even though i've dropped mine. The final course is the veggies.

Summary: If you're looking for a fun group activity that is highly interactive - why not check out Hisshou Teppanyaki. It's so much fun and bound for laughter. The food is simple and it's more about the experience.

Price: $50-70 pp


Location: 752 George St, Haymarket


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 11:30am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 11pm
Saturday 5pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 5:30 to 11pm

Weekendfoodescapes dined as guests of True Local. All words, opinions and photos are my own.

Hisshou Teppanyaki Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Redfern
    End of lease cleaning Carnes Hill
    BBQ cleaning Sydney Olympic Park

    ReplyDelete