Thursday 23 November 2017

Sky Phoenix, Sydney Westfield


A friend of mine was visiting from interstate and we decide to catch up over some yum cha at the Sky Phoenix at Sydney Westfield. I quite like Sky Phoenix because it is such a large venue and I can always get a table.


As I walk in, I notice the modern decore and inviting atmosphere full of families, couples and happy people eating. I know I'll be one of those happy people eating soon enough. I sit down and enjoy the lovely company of my friend. We sip on jasmine tea and catch up on our goals in life.


The food trolleys pass by and I always go for the steamed dumplings. I go for the prawn dumplings (Har Gow), the spinach and prawn dumplings and some siu mai pork dumplings. The prawn dumplings have a soft translucent skin and fresh prawns within that has a sesame and bamboo filling. Most importantly they're hot! I also enjoy the spinach and prawn dumplings which has a nice ratio of prawns and spinach. I dip them into a waiting chilli sauce. 

I normally don't eat siu mai which has a pork and prawn combination as I prefer seafood only at yum cha but my inter-state friend loves siu mai. My friend gobbles these little lovelies up that are glistening.



One of my other favourites are the scallop and prawn dumplings. I normally go for mango pancakes or a mango pudding as well but on this occasion, my friend and I go for a walk and get a hot chocolate.

Summary: Sky Phoenix is a really reliable and consistent yum cha eatery. You can get a table, there's fresh food and it's a nice environment to eat in. My tip is to go early before noon for access to trolleys of food. When you pay, just go up to the register for a quick exit otherwise you could be waiting a while.

Price: $20-25 per person


Location: Level 6, 188 Pitt St, Sydney. In Sydney Westfield


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Saturday 11am to 3pm, 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 10:30am to 3pm, 5:30 to 10:30pm




Sky Phoenix Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Botany
    End of lease cleaning Newtown

    ReplyDelete