Thursday 28 December 2017

Pendolino, Sydney CBD


There's something really charming about the Strand arcade. It's Victorian historian feel (from 1891) remains intact today. I recently check out the Pendolino in the Strand with my partner in crime.  

All the shops are closed this particular mid-week night as we walk towards Pendolino. We are seated by the friendly staff in a dimly lit restaurant which has a real intimate vibe.


There's a few options including two courses for $90, three courses for $114 or four courses for $135 (matching wines are additional). MW and I opt for the three courses. You can choose what you want for each course which is my preference for the three course option. 

The sommelier is excellent and is particularly attentive. The staff are particularly attentive and explain through the special blended oils which MW and I eat with the bread. There's a few couples sitting nearby but I can also see groups of work people in suits also sitting at a larger table nearby.



There's also a complimentary crumbed olive dish which was really tasty. I wished I had a few more to enjoy but I knew I needed the stomach space for dinner.


My first choice for entree is the Ravioli Di Magro which is hand made spinach ravioli, artisan cheese, burnt butter and sage. This dish is absolutely delicious and is perfectly balanced with the right amount of burnt butter and sage sauce. The pasta is fresh, light on the palette and absorbs the sauce. I am incredibly satisfied and wished I ordered this as a main. I recommend this dish.




MW goes for the Butternut Risotto which is made of fresh borlotti, ciera deliziosa cheese, tuscan kale and zuccini flower. MW is smiling ear to ear and enjoys his dish. I taste his dish and it's quite nice but I prefer my dish.



For Mains, I go for the Salmon with Black Mussels. The Atlantic Salmon is accompanied with Kinkawooka black mussels and also has radicchio, roasted kipflers, tomato braised white onion and fennel sauce. The salmon is nice to eat and I enjoy the potatoes but as I start eating the mussels, the dish seems excessively salty. In particular the the tomato and white onion sauce is very salty so I end up avoiding the sauce. Unfortunately the overly salty taste lingers on your palette.

MW orders the Milk Braised Pork Belly which has Free Range Sage and Pistachio Sausage, steamed roman and controne beans. As MW pulls away the crunchy crackling, he uncovered a small piece of Pork Belly. The meat is perfectly cooked and is delicious but MW wants a bigger portion for main.





Since reading the menu at the beginning of the meal, I have been thinking of the Eclair the whole meal. The Eclair Alla Gianduia is perfection. The glossy chocolate hazelnut eclair is served up with toasted hazelnut, sweet cream, candied apricots and nocello. As I bite into the eclair, I fall into dessert heaven. MW swiftly eyes off this dessert and ends up eating a lot of the eclair as he is also in love with this eclair. So good.

We also order the Tramezzino Di Pistacchio which is described as venetian pistachio ice cream sandwich with pistachio gelato and english cream. This cake-like sandwich is also really delicious. I love pistachio flavours but that eclair has made such an impression of me, I am still thinking about it.



Summary: Overall, I had a really lovely and high class meal at Pendolino. It's definitely a high end Italian restaurant with great service, quality pasta and desserts.

I'd definitely come back and order the pasta as entree and main. You must order the eclair!  For the price point is quite high but if you love authentic Italian food then you'll definitely get quality.  I would recommend for others who are looking for a venue for a nice occasion. 

Price: $114 for 3 course meal 


Location: Level 2, The Strand Arcade, 412 George st, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Saturday Lunch 12pm to 3pm
Dinner Monday to Friday 6pm to late
Dinner Saturday 5:30pm to late
Sunday and Public Holidays - closed.



The Restaurant Pendolino Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning North sydney
    Spring cleaning
    Spring cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete