Wednesday 3 January 2018

Mejico, Sydney CBD


After a few boozey drinks with one of my gal friends; it was approaching 9pm and we hadn't eaten anything. We started walking and managed to get a table at Mejico. I hadn't been here for years so I was happy to check it out. 

The place is buzzing on this Friday night and almost full. My gal pal and I have been sharing work stories all night and we've been laughing and having a good time along with the drinks.  We get seats up a raised window area so we are sitting on stools.  We have a sneaky cola with vodka with dinner.



We share the Grilled Haloumi ($16) which is grilled and served up with sweet flavours from agave. The sweet and salty flavour works really well. There's also oregano and pumpkin seeds to top off the dish. This dish is simple but incredibly delicious. My only complaint is that the portion size is quite small with three thin slices of haloumi. I highly recommend if you don't mind the price.


Next up, we order some tacos. First there's the smoked brisket taco ($12 for 2). The tacos are filled with a good portion of the brisket and are full of flavour. The brisket is subtly smoked and I like the pickled onion as contrast. We also order the Chorizo tacos ($12 for 2) which had little cut up bits of chorizo with a spicy green sauce. The chorizo flavours are a nice compliment to the brisket tacos and I really enjoy the tacos overall.


For dessert, we share some churros ($12) which have a nice crunchy and sugary exterior. I dip the churros into the chocolate dip and smile. What a great way to end the meal.

Summary: I had a really nice meal with my gal pal and enjoyed the food at Mejico. It's got a dark, busy atmosphere which is perfect for a Friday night dinner. My fave was the haloumi although I'd love the portion to be slightly bigger.

I'd recommend booking as it's quite popular. I came a bit later at 9pm so it was easier to get a table.

Price: $30ish pp


Location: 105 Pitt St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Saturday 12pm to 12am
Sunday closed.


Méjico Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment