Wednesday 31 January 2018

Moss Brothers, Kareela


I must confess, I rarely venture out down south but as I've been house hunting - I'm exploring new territory in Sydney. On a particularly warm day, Matt and I take a minor brunch break from house hunting and end up in a little shopping complex in Kareela. We end up at Moss Brothers.



There's a small queue of take away coffees at the entrance. Matt and I ponder whether this will potentially our new local cafe. One of the advantages of living in my local area is i'm not too far from Eastwood which has a large range of Asian cuisine options whether it be Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese or a fusion of Asian flavours. So when Matt looked at the menu and saw the "Mango and Yuzu iced drink", he was impressed. 


The mango and yuzu iced drink ($7.80) was very well balanced with dominant mango flavours and with a light citrus tang from the yuzu that lingers at the end. I really love the yuzu flavour. 

I'm not particularly hungry on this occasion but Matt orders a Bacon and Egg Roll ($10)  which is served up on a brioche bun, fried eggs, bacon, aioli and american cheese. It seems to satisfy Matt although he seems to avoid the random cherry tomato and parsley.



I sip on the chai latte ($3.80) and I'm happy with the quality. The smooth vanilla tones with a slight spice from the chai tea. This is from a powdered chai.



Summary: So overall, first impressions are pleasant at Moss Brothers. I may have to come back to try other items on the menu. We're still on the house hunt for now.

Price: Most breakfast mains are $15-$20


Location: Within Kareela Shopping Village


Opening Hours: 7:30am to 6pm daily




Moss Bros Dessert and Brunch Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment