Sunday 7 January 2018

New Shanghai, Sydney CBD


I go through periods where I have serious cravings for dumplings. So I used the opportunity to catch up with a friend, I suggested we go to New Shanghai for dinner. My friend is not as familiar with Chinese cuisine so I happily order for us.
We sit down and quickly catch up on life, work and a bit on his love life. The food arrives pretty quickly and I am confident that my friend will enjoy what I call "the classic must orders". I'm glad New Shanghai has been expanding as a chain as well so there is more access to the delicious food.

We start off with the xiao long bao ($9.90 for 8 pcs) which are soup filled dumplings that you eat with a mix of soy, vinegar sauce and chilli sauce. The skin is thin, the pork meat is moist and the mixture of sauces with the soup is very enjoyable to eat. My friend is impressed.



Next up, I also order the Pan Fried Pork Buns ($13.80 for 8). These doughy buns have a soft but thick skin and are soft at the top and are crunchy at the bottom. I order this dish every now and then as I enjoy eating them but they are very filling.  



Next up are the Stir Fried Noodles with Pork and Vegetables ($12.90). For any fan of greasy and addictive noodles, these are certainty slurp worthy and my friend AG enjoys these. It's also a hard dish to resist for me personally. I recommend ordering if you are sharing.


I'm certain that i've ordered enough food but I order one last dish which are the Spring onion pancakes ($8). These fried and crunchy pancakes make for great contrast in texture with the dumplings. I've had an absolute carb fest but I am in dumpling heaven. It's probably not the most nutritious meal but one worth having every now and then. Delicious!

Summary: I love your work New Shanghai and my friend thoroughly enjoyed your food. I definitely ordered too much food for two people so I'd probably cut back on those doughy buns but I could never negotiate on xiao long bao or noodles.

Price: $30 ppish


Location: in Westfield Sydney, 188 Pitt St, Sydney


Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 11am to 9pm 







New Shanghai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    End of lease cleaning Botany
    End of lease cleaning Newtown
    End of lease cleaning Darlinghurst

    ReplyDelete