Monday 30 April 2018

Ze Pickle, Surry Hills


On a chill Friday night, Matt and I head to Ze Pickle in Surry Hills. There's a huge ZP sign outside in case you miss it. Who's craving a burger?

 Ze Pickle is very dimly lit with a number of stools by the bar and long tables to the right. The staff are very attentive, giving you a menu and coming back quickly for an order. Matt just wants some time to look at the menu which is several pages long and I could tell he feels quite rushed. I chat away with the staff asking them what their favourite burgers are.



From the Not so Hidden Burger Menu, Matt orders the It's Chewy Moit ($20 plus $6 for a jalapeno and cheese fried macaroni patty).  This burger has pressed wagyu beef patty with American swiss cheese, cherry wood smoked pastrami, white onion, stout bacon and mustard mayo sauce. I have to say I have burger envy as this burger was really delicious. It's the meaty meat that goes so well with the cheese and sauce that makes it delicious. That pastrami with the jalapeno, cheese and macaroni patty is a couple made in heaven. I highly recommend.



I order one of the chicken burgers - I go for the Kim Jong Illest ($17) which has crispy fried chicken tossed in BBQ salsa roja, k-town slaw and pickles with jack cheese. This burger is slightly spicy and has a lot of potential with that fried chicken but it's drowned in sauce which overpowers everything and it's hard to enjoy the chicken as all I can taste is the sauce. The actual chicken is nice to eat but the sauce was too much for me.




Matt looks very happy but there's always room for dessert.  We order the Oreogazm which is fried oreos with ice cream and chocolate sauce ($14). The fried batter is soft and fluffy. I really like the fried oreos with ice cream! What a delicious treat. Worth sharing if you want a treat.





There's also the #whothefuckismaxbrenner ($15)
which has baked twix and choc chip cookie dough on a skillet with ice cream. This is Matt's favourite although I prefer the fried oreos. The winner is the texture of the cookie dough with the ice cream. It's delish. Matt and I are happy and we head home.



Summary: Ze Pickle is a trendy bar which has an extensive burger menu. I'd definitely recommend the Chewy Moit and I'd recommend the dessert as well. It was pretty full when I arrived at 6pm on a Friday night.

It's a nice place for a few drinks as well. Be mindful the burgers don't come with fries so it might add up if you order fries but you may be full without the fries anyway.

Price: $17-20 most burgers


Location: 6/17-51 Fouveax St, Surry Hills


Opening Hours: 

12pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday, Sunday
12pm to 11:30pm Friday, Saturday


Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Ze Pickle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. holy shizzz deep fried oreos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.stallionhotelsupplies.com/product/matt-serving-bowl-melamine-21-5x19-5x5-5-cm/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Balmain
    End of lease cleaning Waterloo
    End of lease cleaning North Manly

    ReplyDelete