Sunday 8 July 2018

Meat District and Co. King St Wharf, Sydney


What a crazy time it's been from a work and personal perspective! After all the chaos, Matt and I are looking forward to a nice dinner. This particular Friday night, we head to Meat District and Co. on King St Wharf. I think when you typically go to Meat District and Co. you're probably thinking steaks but they also have quite a burger menu.
There's two entrances, one from King St Wharf just off the water and there's a back entrance from Lime St. I happen to be coming from the Sydney CBD so I end up at the back entrance. No one is manning the back entrance so you may have to wait a few minutes before getting someone's attention - maybe best to go from the front entrance.

We are seated and have a look at the menu! They have a quite range of burgers, hot dogs as well as steaks, ribs and other salad options.

A drink is desperately required! I go for the Bombshell Cosmo ($16) which is made of absolut vanilla vodka, cointreau, passionfruit puree and cranberry juice, served with an orange twist and Matt goes for the Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale ($10) which makes his face glow, he really likes this beer and highly recommends. We cheers and enjoy our drinks. Good times.




We order the sweet summer corn with chillli, lime and truffle parmesan ($11). The corn has been slightly charred and is well matched with the parmesan cheese. I could not taste any lime but I don't think it's required as it would have taken away some of the sweetness of the corn. I love the natural taste of corn. 

We order the Truffle Fries which is served up with truffle salt, truffle parmesan and truffle aioli ($9.50). The chips are thick cut and predominantly soft and slightly crunchy on the edges. The truffle aioli has subtle flavours of truffle. I could not taste truffle in the parmesan or salt but perhaps my senses (especially in winter) are not as good as they usually are. You can't order any burgers without chips!




Matt orders the Brie Burger ($17) , MDC grass fed beef patty, with double cream brie (OMG), cranberry sauce, radish, mixed greens and a horse radish mayo. As you can see, the brie is just oozing out of the burger. As I bite into this burger (because Matt's food is always shared and vice versa), I really enjoy the mix of the cranberry and dominant brie in this burger. The soft brioche bun also makes for easy grip. It's a delicious burger and a must order if you like brie cheese. Yes please.

Burgers do not come with fries but you can order side fries or salad for $5. This hurts my fries feelings a little bit but given I have ordered the truffle fries - i'm covered.



I order the crumbed chicken burger ($15.50), served with rocket, tasty sliced cheese, caramelised onion, aioli sauce and sauteed mushroom. The crumbed chicken is like a schnitty that is sliced and placed on top of one another. I quite enjoy this dish, the caramelised onion along with the aioli just make this burger fall into place. I didn't even realise there were mushrooms until one fell out of the burger.   Delicious.




If you are a fan of sausages, there's that option on the menu. I also try the Street Dog ($15) which is made with a beef hot dog with bacon, caramelised onion, avocado, cheddar cheese, ketchup on a baked roll. There's a lot going on in the roll, it's like a fancy bunnings sausage on steriods. I personally prefer a more simple sausage sizzle but this will come down to preference.

Summary: I smack my lips. That salty tasty delicious after taste from burgers and fries is a satisfying one. If you're in the King St Wharf area, why not head to Meat District and co. for a burg and a few drinks. They also have steaks and ribs if you're looking for My favourite is that brie beef burger. I can still taste that brie and cranberry. nom nom nom.

Price: Mains vary from $20+ish


Location: 11 Lime St, Sydney


Opening Hours: 

Sunday to Thursday 11:30am to 10pm
Friday, Saturday 11:30am to 10:30pm




Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own. 
Meat District Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this End of lease cleaning Mosman | End of lease cleaning Sydney CBD | End of lease cleaning Potts point | End of lease cleaning that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning Bungarribee
    End of lease cleaning Bundeena
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg

    ReplyDelete