Tuesday 24 July 2018

Ramen Manpuku, Chatswood


How are you surviving Winter so far? I'm feeling quite cold and in desperate need of ramen to soothe the soul. Matt and I had planned to go to Ryo's but after a drive to Crows Nest, we saw a sign on the front door saying they were closed until the 18th July. With my ramen feelings hurting, we decide to venture to Chatswood to Manpuku.


Manpuku is a very popular ramen eatery in Chatswood. I often see people waiting outside queuing to get inside. Today was no exception, as I approached the door, there were a few people already waiting at 12pm. I wrote my name down and luckily, it's a short wait.


Manpuku has a signature and it's called "Kono Deani Kanshashite Aijou to Jonetsu Komete Isshoukenmei Tsukutta Uchirano Icchan Sikina Manpuku Shiawase Ramen" ($14.90). It's roughly translated to Soy Based Pork and Chicken Soup with pork belly, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, shallots, seaweed sheet, nitamago egg. It's got medium straight ramen noodles. Matt really enjoys the depth of flavours in the broth and slurps away at the ramen. He recommends




Manpuku has half portion ramen  ($8) too, you have a choice of soy based chicken ramen or salt based chicken ramen. I opt for the soy based broth on this occasion. The ramen is served up with beansprouts, bamboo shoots, nitamago egg and shallot. This has a lighter and thinner broth but I like it as it's refreshing and lighter for the stomach.





Manpuku also has sides including Chicken Kaarage ($5.90 for 3 pcs) and Octopus Karaage ($7.90). The chicken is really nice and enjoyable to eat. I think they should have a bigger portion and just charge a bit more as it was really tasty. The octopus karaage was a bit different and still enjoyable to eat but I think I will just order two portions of the chicken kaarage next time.


Summary: Ramen Manpuku was delicious and I'll definitely be back for my ramen fix! I will just need to go early as it's very popular and there's always a line. I highly recommend.

They are located in Chatswood and Kingsford. 


Price: $15-20 for most dishes


Location: 226 Victoria Ave, Chatswood


Opening Hours: 

11:30am to 9pm daily

Manpuku Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Mosman | End of lease cleaning Waterloo | End of lease cleaning Pyrmont | End of lease cleaning Southern suburbs and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I feel like my stomach is ready. Thanks for this. electrician Carlingford

    ReplyDelete