Saturday 15 September 2018

Lot One, Potts Point



Lot One is located just off the main strip of Potts Point. Potts Point is the new location for Lot One and previously was located in the Sydney CBD. I was looking forward to a nice lunch with Matt.

As I enter Lot One, I notice the big bar to the left.  It's a bit chilly on this particular day so I'm relieved it's cosy and warm inside. There's a table next to us and I can hear the lady say that she's looking forward to a nice lunch as it's her birthday. I thought to myself, it's the simple things in life like a good meal in good company that really matter.

If you love your wine, you'll appreciate the wine list which is many pages and is quite extensive. The food menu by comparison is one simple page. You could order the degustation menu where you have the option of 5 share plates ($65 per person) or 7 share dishes ($88 per person) or there's the a la cart menu.

To kick off the meal, Matt orders a cocktail called East 8 Hold Up ($18) which has vodka, aperol, passionfruit, pineapple, lime and soda.  The cocktail is sweet from the pineapple but mellows in flavour from the passionfruit and lime. It's quite enjoyable to drink. Cheers!



To start the meal, I nibble on sourdough bread with butter. Crusty bread with butter is a nice way to warm up the tastebuds. 


 Matt and I enjoy the first dish, there's the Spencer Guld Hiramasa Kingfish ($26) which has fennel, pepita, apricot, caviar. The Kingfish is basically sashimi that's seared with crunchy elements from the pepita and the fennel ribbon adds further textural difference. The apricot adds a sweetness to the natural kingfish flavour. A great way to start the meal.




 The next dish that Matt and I share are the Nettle Spaghettini ($24) which has pesto, mushroom, machego. This dish is beautifully presented with several types of mushrooms which adds multiple flavours as they all taste a bit differently. My favourite is the black fungus as it has quite  a distinctive chewy texture and taste. Matt enjoys the enokitaki mushrooms that  is thin, soft and is long. The pesto spaghetti is bright green and has savoury noodle tones once you taste with all the mushrooms. It's a flavour combination that works really well. Matt's happy, I'm happy. I highly recommend.




Next up, there's the Humpty Doo Barramundi ($36) which has house made red curry, tomato, roe. The Barramundi is beautifully presented with crunchy skin and bright red tones from the red curry and tomato. The fish is perfectly cooked with crunchy skin and soft, moist fish flakes that make you smack your lips a few times to enjoy the salty barra taste. The red curry sauce is quite mild in flavour and is not particularly spicy.



Matt and I start chatting away with our new friend The Queen of Spin (PR) who joins us for a quick drink. It's always nice meeting new people and finding out more about them. The Queen of Spin (PR) watches on as we take a million photos before we eat. 

Next up, Matt and I share the Grass Fed Sirloin ($40) which has Ash Crust, pistachio puree, pea tendril and leek oil. The hero of this dish is the pistachio puree which has mustard tones. This sweet and savoury sauce is the hero of the dish as it really highlights a flavour marriage in heaven with the sirloin. The Sirloin is perfectly cooked and is pink in the middle. This is my favourite dish of the day mainly due to that awesome sauce.

As a side, there's the Bean Trio ($12) with Green, Yellow and Snake beans, peas and sprouts. Make sure you eat your vegetables. Look after yourself.






For dessert, we share the Sticky Date Pudding ($14). This is Lot One's take on the classic, dulce de leche, pecan praline, butterscotch gelato. The dessert is so beautifully presented, I didn't want to eat it but it didn't stop me. The sticky date pudding has has the traditional flavours with enhanced sauce from the pecan praline. The butterscotch gelato is mellow in sweetness so it doesn't compete with the sticky date. Delicious!

Summary: Overall I really enjoy my experience at Lot One. I'd highly recommend if you are looking for a modern lunch. I enjoyed all the dishes, although that sirloin was my favourite because of that amazing sauce. Matt's favourite was the medley of mushrooms with that pesto spaghetti.

Price: I'd recommend the degustations. 
5 share plates ($65 per person) or 7 share dishes ($88 per person)

Location: 22 Rockwell Cres, Potts Point


Opening Hours: 

Closed Monday
Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm to 10pm
Friday 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Saturday 12-5pm, 5:30pm-10:30pm
Sunday 12pm to 9pm









Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Lot. One Potts Point Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment