Thursday 6 September 2018

Meal Pal review


Zeus Greek Street Food is on mealpal. Have you used Mealpal? I thought I would give it a go. You basically pay for a month's worth (12 meals) of meals and the night prior you can choose your lunch for the week from a selection of venues where one special is offered for the day. The meals work out to be about $8 each which gives you a minor discount.

I think it's a really good way to force you to explore your surrounding eateries and you can also pick up your meal straight away without waiting. My first lunch is with Zeus Greek Street Food.



I ordered the Hermes Chicken Gyro from Zeus Greek Street Food via the mealpal app the night before and select a time to pick this up the next day.

I am able to get served straight away. The gyro is made prior to me being there and is stored to the side. I really like the gyros from Zeus Greek Street Food. There's a nice spicy kick to the chicken and crunchy coleslaw which matches the chicken. The only slight downside is that the gyro is  not as freshly made so the temperature of the gyro is not as warm as I've previously tasted when I order from the counter.



There were a few other meals that I ordered where the meal wasn't ready when I got there, there was a slight delay but I never really waited any more than 5 minutes. There was also a few venues that had clearly made the dishes way too in advanced the meal was cold when I picked up the meal.
There was this combination Vietnamese noodle dish below. I also had a mee goreng toasted sandwich.




Overall I found mealpal really easy to use. I think if you are a organised person where you preorder your meals and you know what you want to eat then you can save money with mealpal.

I ordered a number of meals but wasn't able to utilise all the dishes in the month. I wasn't able to order the 12 lunches in the month as I was busy at work and I was unable to commit to picking up lunch at a certain time. I always had meetings that came up. I also found that sometimes I had a particular craving and the selection on mealpal didn't offer what I wanted. 





So I would suggest you give it a trial and see if it works for you and your lifestyle. $8 for a meal is much better than the typical price of $10-13 that you'd normally pay. It is definitely a great way to order lunch if you live life in a relatively structured way.





Weekend Food Escapes was offered a trial of mealpal. All photos, opinions and views are my own
Zeus Street Greek Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I value this article for the well-investigated substance and marvelous wording. I got so connected with this End of lease cleaning Newtown | End of lease cleaning Redfern | End of lease cleaning Sydney that I couldn't stop examining. I am astonished by your work and skill. Much gratitude to you for such a degree. Regards,

    ReplyDelete