Saturday 8 September 2018

Ryu Kitchen, Rushcutters Bay


I stop by Ryu Kitchen in Potts Point for a quick lunch. It's a tiny hole in the wall restaurant. It's really quiet inside and there's a short lunch menu for you to choose from.








Matt enjoys a calpis drink that is served up in a lightbulb that changes colour while I stick to some green tea. From the lunch menu, we choose the serve of nigiris.

The sushi is perfectly prepared and I can taste the quality of the produce as well as how well the sashimi has been sliced. The lunch set is also served up with a miso soup and a side salad. I'd definitely recommend this lunch set.







There's also a hearty meat rissole with rice, egg, avo and tomato. This dish is surprisingly delicious and hearty. This dish was recommended by the chef and I'm glad I tried it as I don't think I'd normally order this dish. I think the meat rissole is full of flavour and that sweet and savoury sauce grows on you very quickly.

Summary: Overall I thought the food at Ryu Kitchen was really tasty. It's a new restaurant and was very quiet when I came. I'm sure at dinner time, there would be more atmosphere. There's a limited menu at lunch time but you can access the full menu at dinner time.

A nice place for a casual Japanese lunch.

Price: $15-20 for lunch dishes


Location: 51 Bayswater Rd, Rushcutters Bay


Opening Hours: 

Wednesday to Sunday, Monday
11:30am to 3:30pm, 6pm to 10pm
Closed Tuesday


My Zomato score 4/5



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Ryu Japanese Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment