Thursday 20 September 2018

Wooden Whisk, St Leonards


I had been to Wooden Whisk a few years ago but it left a good impression on me so when my friend suggested we catch up in St Leonards - I immediately recommended the Wooden Whisk.
It was almost 12pm on this particular Saturday and Wooden Whisk was buzzing and busy. The rest of St Leonards is really quiet on the weekend. 

I put my name down for a table and patiently wait. Luckily I got seated before my friend arrived who was running late as her bus didn't turn up. I see a family of two parents and some small children lining up. I feel sorry for them but they must be willing to wait for some good breakfast.


I order a Spiced Chai Latte ($4.20) however I do notice I have the option of a dirty chai latte too. On this day, I wanted a spiced chai latte though. I sip on the smooth silky vanilla notes with lightly spiced tones of the chai latte. This is my go to drink at breakfast time. My friend orders a regular Flat White ($4.00) which is of Single O which is a special Wooden Whisk blend. She looks content.




Wooden Whisk has quite a menu for Breakfast. I quickly cast my eye over as I am craving corn fritters but there's none but there's many other dishes that take my fancy. I ultimately settle on The Breakfast Grazing Board ($21) which has haloumi, cherry tomato, basil, avocado, smoked salmon, house pickles, poached egg, quinoa and soya toast. It's got a good variety of things that I like to eat - mainly smoked salmon, haloumi, avocado. My friend Phuong and I eventually agree to share breakfast as we both want a bit of each others.




We share the Sauteed Field Mushroom ($21) which has garlic, truffle butter, smoked pork, poached eggs, parmesan on soughdough. The mushrooms are delicious, melt in your mouth with a nice drizzle of truffle oil. The truffle butter also adds another layer of rich flavours to the dish. The poached egg is cooked perfectly.






Summary: Overall, the Wooden Whisk delivers again on a delicious breakfast. I'd definitely go back if I lived nearby. The only downside is that you may have to wait for a table.

Read my previous review where I had more dishes 
http://weekendfoodescapes.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-wooden-whisk-st-leonards-crows-nest.html

Price: $20-21 for most dishes


Location: Shop 7, Albany St, St Leonards


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm
Saturday 7:30am to 3:30pm


The Wooden Whisk Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    End of lease cleaning Carnes Hill
    End of lease cleaning Canoelands
    End of lease cleaning Canley Vale

    ReplyDelete