Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Basak, Strathfield

Basak in Strathfield specialises in Korean street snack food eatery. Cheap and Cheerful Snacks for those who want a smaller meal.
Basak is a tiny restaurant in Strathfield with a small menu of Korean street food. I love having meals where you can try lots of different things.

They have what I describe as Korean sushi called Kimbap. I ordered the Basak Kimbap ($5, above photo) which had seaweed wrapped rice, tofu, radish, carrot and cucumber. The textures were very similar to sushi but I could see the Korean flavours coming through. Korean flavours are bold and less subtle than Japanese flavours. It was a nice dish.

A very traditional Korean dish is the spicy rice noodle called Dukboki. A big warning sign for chili lovers, I ordered the one chili spicy sign of the spicy rice noodle ($8, below) and I really struggled with the level of heat. For those with a limited chili palette, I suggest mild. It was so SPICY! You can self service in terms of topping up the spring onion and fried tempura flakes.


I also ordered some fried seaweed noodle rolls ($2 for 3, below). It provided a bit of crunch and I've had a similar in Japanese restaurants. Overall, I found Basak to be a cheap and cheerful hole in the wall in Strathfield.  I really liked all the snacks I purchased; the kimbap was actually quite filling in the end and I shared all these snacks with a gal pal.

Prices: $2-$8 per snack

Location: 10A the Boulevard, Strathfield. Not far from the station

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for cheap and cheerful eatery
Customer Service: 7/10 
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 9/10 





Click to add a blog post for The Basak on Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

    BBQ cleaning Neutral Bay
    End of lease cleaning
    End of lease cleaning Allawah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It boosts my appetite. Thank you for this blog. emergency electrician Liverpool

    ReplyDelete