Thursday 16 November 2017

Pho and Go, Randwick


Pho and Go is a Vietnamese Restaurant - street food style in Randwick. It's great for a quick bite to eat for all those fresh and vibrant Vietnamese flavours.

Highlights
There are great vegan/vegetarian options so if you are looking for a meat free meal then you won't have to compromise on flavour. The pho broth is very flavoursome and authentic - you can tell it's been brewing for several hours. I always order the beef noodle soup (pho tai).

My experience
My brother, MW and I head here for a Vietnamese meal. It's a small restaurant on the main strip of Randwick but many people are coming and going for a quick bite to eat. I like the quote on the wall. 






We share some rice paper rolls to begin with. Naturally most people order the prawn and pork rice paper rolls but today we try something different. MW and I share some Crackling Roast Pork Rice paper rolls (2 for $6) and my brother and I share some Tofu Rice paper rolls (2 for $6). I dip my roast pork rice paper roll into the satay hoi sin sauce and WOW what a burst of flavour.  Rice paper rolls are always the perfect entree or snack. They are fresh, light with a bit of crunch from the carrot and cucumber. Enjoy!We also have some naughty spring rolls ($6 for 4) because life is better with spring rolls. So delicious. The pastry is crunchy and protects the softer filling. The rice paper rolls and the spring rolls are a great way to share with friends or family.



Now let's get to the main event! I'm really impressed that Pho and Go has a vegan option. You don't get this option at too many Vietnamese Restaurants. My brother completely digs into the Vegan Pho with a vegan broth ($12.50). It's satisfying, refreshing with vegetable and tofu pieces. As his bossy older sister, I remind him to eat the thai basil as well or I'll eat it otherwise.





I order my favourite and usual Pho Tai which is a Raw Beef Noodle Soup ($12.50).  The Raw Beef generally gets cooked by the hot broth. I top my pho with thai basil, bean sprouts, lemon and a dash of hoi sin sauce and fresh diced chillies. The broth is incredibly authentic and flavoursome. The noodles are slurpy and the thinly sliced onion are perfect. A great bowl of pho.



If you don't like Pho, there's also fried rice options or vermicelli noodle salads as well. Matt tries the beef noodle salad which is full of fresh carrot, lettuce, cucumber and mint. There's vemicelli noodles and is topped with beef and fried onion. The accompanying sauce is tangy and light which brings all the components together. The only thing missing from the noodle salad menu which is my favourite are the spring rolls with vermicelli option. This is my favourite so I'll have to suggest this to the owner.

Summary: A nice little Vietnamese restaurant with a simple menu. My favourite is the Beef Pho and that roast crackling fresh rice paper rolls. Drop by for a casual quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

Price: $12.50ish for mains


Location: 50 Bemore Rd Randwick


Opening Hours: 9am to 9pm daily



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Pho and Go. All photos, opinions and words are my own.

Pho & Go Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. Utilizing capable cleaners from a dependable association to do your move out cleaning is the ideal decision and now you don't have to worry Bond cleaning Adelaide | End of lease cleaning Servicesover your home interesting and amazing.I took pleasure in it so much and thank you for an extraordinary article, it helped me a ton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Eastern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Darlinghurst
    End of lease cleaning Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Western Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Alexandria
    End of lease cleaning Mosman

    ReplyDelete