Sunday 26 November 2017

Suminoya, Sydney CBD


Hello my meat loving and sushi friends. If you have been craving an all you can eat dinner full of sizzling meats and sushi/sashimi - I've got the place for you to book. Suminoya is in Sydney CBD and has high quality ingredients waiting for you to eat. 
Matt is a meat loving fan and I love my sashimi and sushi so Japanese BBQ also known as Yakiniku is perfect for the both of us. Suminoya is a little restaurant located in Sydney CBD, near Martin Place and makes for the perfect venue for hungry patrons. I always book to make sure I have a table. You should too here.


The decore is dark and cool which is nice as you'll be sitting by a hot cooking BBQ. There's a few buffet options but I opt for the one that has EVERYTHING - which is the Deluxe Buffet which was $65 pp (Mon - Thu) or $70 Fri-Sun or public holidays.

The Deluxe Buffet includes a huge selection of meat, sides, salads, vegetables, seafood and my favourite - sashimi and sushi. On first impression, you may think that's quite a dear price but once you see the quality of the food and if you love to eat meat and sashimi/sushi then you can easily get your worth.

How it works is that you order via an ipad. You can order the dishes and they come out in smallish portions as the intent is that you try many dishes. If you prefer to order lots of the same dishes you can do so as well. Once you order and check out, you can easily track what's been delivered and what is still on it's way on the ipad.

You can order as much as you want within 60 minutes and they allow you an additional 30 minutes to eat the food. You can order your dessert in a 20 minute lag.



Matt and I basically go nuts and order lots of Wagyu Beef Rib, Duck, beef tongue, chicken, pork and more Wagyu Beef Rib. The food comes out pretty quickly and we quickly put the meat on the sizzling mesh. The smell of sizzling meat is so delicious.


I also order some corn and as it cooks, the butter melts and it makes for a delicious side. Matt enjoys all the different meats and comments on how high quality the ingredients are compared to some of the other Korean BBQ places we have locally.






I've been advised to order the Aburi Wagyu which is a real delicacy. Matt devours these and smiles sweetly at me. I take charge of the ipad and start ordering my favourite sashimi and sushi.

You can order sashimi by the piece so I order some salmon and kingfish to start off with to test the quality. It's lovely and fresh so I order more. I also order my favourite nigiris of prawn and scallop. I'm now smiling sweetly as I'm in heaven.




For a slight side of refreshment, I order the seaweed salad. I love it although Matt doesn't so I eat this one on my own. It's almost been 60 minutes we make the most of it and order a few more meat dishes and also dessert in a 20 minute lag. I order the green tea ice cream and black sesame while Matt goes for vanilla and black sesame. YAS!

Summary: For those who love meat and sashimi/sushi why not treat yourself to the deluxe buffet at Suminoya. The ingredients are fresh and you can easily eat the value. Can you hear the meat sizzling already?

My tip would be to order the portions in 2 as the portions are quite small. However if you want to try lots of variety then stick to the portions of 1 at at time. You can always order more given it's a buffet within the 60 minutes.

Booking: Have I convinced you? Book here and tell me what you think in the comments below. What's your favourite Japanese BBQ place in Sydney?

Price: $65 pp unlimited buffet dinner for ordering in 60 minutes. you have another 30 minutes to eat after that.

Location: 1 Hosking place, Sydney CBD. You can walk up from the small alley in Pitt St


Opening Hours: 

Monday to Friday 12pm to 2:30pm, 6pm to 10:30pm
Saturday, Sunday 5:30pm to 10pm.

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Washoku Lovers. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Suminoya Japanese Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    Spring cleaning Manly
    End of lease cleaning Glebe
    End of lease cleaning Botany

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIY CBD HEMP OIL, I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. CBD oil for cats

    ReplyDelete