Monday 22 April 2013

Sky Phoenix in Manly

As part of the famous chain in Sydney.  There are Sky Phoenix in Parramatta, Rhodes and the city.

I've been to each one and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I want to focus on Manly today though.

I had a really enjoyable experience because of the music, waterviews and the food. 


Delicious highlights. The Har Gow (prawn dumpling) was tasty.  The the garlic and chive dumpling and also the snowpea and prawn dumpling melted in your mouth.  For a different texture I had the sesame prawn.  For dessert I had mango pancakes all washed down with chrysanthemum tea.
Side note: The mango pudding wasn't set and I had to ask to remove it off the bill.  I was 5c short and the woman wouldn't let it go so I had to break a $20 note over 5c.  It didn't really bother me but it affects my impression of the staff.
Yum cha is ideal for that hit on the weekend when you're tired from the long week and you've had a good sleep in.  The soothing views of Manly and the chill music are perfect when sipping tea while snacking on some dumplings.

Love those weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment