Friday 29 July 2022

Sho City, Lane Cove


I recently visited Sho City which is a new Japanese Restaurant in Lane Cove. It's located upstairs in the shopping strip of Lane Cove and has seating inside and outside.  Sho City is probably best described as modern Japanese.   From the outside, I was unsure whether this was a casual eatery or a upmarket venue. I would say Sho City is more upmarket. So upon reflection, perhaps not the best venue if you have a toddler (like mine who won't sit still) but I did see other families with older children. 
The venue has relaxing music playing and a nice decore. I internally pray that my toddler will willingly sit still and have lunch with me. I look at the menu and there's a spread of upmarket dishes and a few entrees that would be more atypical of a casual Japanese restaurant. 

I was very tempted by some of their sushi and sashimi which looked amazing but the pricing wasn't compatible with my budget on this occasion. On this particular lunch, there was a choice of lunch sets that ranged from $25-30. The beef lunch set came with a side salad, potato salad, sashimi and a rice side. The beef was flavoursome and delicious. All the sides were well prepared.  Mr Weekend Food Escapes and I agree that the food is nice however price point is a little higher than other Japanese eateries with comparable dishes.



From the Sho City menu, I also ordered the Chicken Kaarage lunch set which came with Kaarage chicken, potato salad, salad and rice. I am not sure if my meal was meant to come with cubed sashimi as the beef lunch set dish had this side.  My toddler starts acting up so I did not have time to ask the staff and decide to eat as quickly as possible so I can leave. The chicken was really lovely to eat with good crunch.  I wish I had more time to enjoy it. Again, it was a lovely dish but the price point was just a little higher compared to other eateries for a similar dish.

Summary: Overall, I think Sho City is a nice upmarket Japanese venue. Just be aware it's more upmarket than anticipated based on the shopping strip location. All the food was delicious and well prepared. Hope the locals enjoy this new Japanese Eatery :)

Price:  Lunch menu ranges from $25-100 pending on what you order

Location: 
Suite 10/43-45 Burns Bay Rd, Lane Cove, NSW, 2066

Opening Hours: 
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Wednesday to Saturday 12-2:30pm; 5:30-9:30pm
Sunday 12-2:30pm; 5:30-9pm




 

No comments:

Post a Comment