Thursday 26 January 2017

Interstate Travels: The River Cafe, Beauty Point in Tasmania


My first meal in Tasmania was at the River Cafe. It's set against such a beautiful backdrop and I arrive just for an early lunch in this little cafe located in Beauty Point.


I intend on drinking some wine this afternoon and I needed to line the stomach. As I let the view melt into my brain, I briefly look at the decore of the cafe. It's modern but cosy.



The menu has a bit of variety depending on what you feel like. On this particular day and on a whim, MW orders the Boags fish and chips ($26). The fish is nice and crispy. The chips also crispy and enjoyable to eat. I think it's a bit pricey however you do get a generous portion of fish.

As MW and I visit the local wineries, they tell us that the River Cafe are known for the fish and chips.



I order the steak sandwich ($16, below). It's cut very neatly and I notice that the River Cafe pay attention to how the food is presented. The steak sandwich is enjoyable to eat and lives up to expectations. There's bacon, lettuce, tomato and BBQ sauce which brings the steak alive in the sandwich. I steal some chips off MW rather than ordering any additional.

In summary, the staff are very polite, attentive and nice and there's a great view so why not stop by for a visit. The River Cafe is a clean and friendly cafe with food done well.

This meal was independently paid for. All words, photos and opinions are my own



River Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment