Sunday 15 January 2017

Walsh Bay Kitchen, Walsh Bay


Are you making the most of the Sydney Festival? Why not take advantage of Walsh Bay Kitchen's special Sydney Festival menu. With a glass of wine and two courses for $49 or three courses for $59. MW and I head there for a relaxing dinner.



MW and I catch a bus to Walsh Bay as it's such a hot day. Otherwise it would have been a nice walk from the city via Barangaroo. 

A short stroll from the bus stop and we are at Walsh Bay Kitchen. Walsh Bay Kitchen is such a great location with close access to Roslyn Packer Theatre and the other Wharf theatres for Sydney Festival events.



The decore is modern and casual. I'm ready for a drink! I head for a classic cosmo and MW goes for a Kosiciuszko beer. Cheers!!!


So what is the Sydney Festival Special? It's a glass of wine with your choice of two courses for $49 or three courses for $59. 

I go for the three courses and am immediately tempted by the Arancini. The cheesey rice balls topped with more cheese and with a mayonnaise sauce are homely and enjoyable to eat. I could tell MW was jealous as he ordered the duck which were flakey pieces on a salad. I end up sharing with MW because that's what a good partner does.




For mains, I order the 1 minute steak as I'm in need of some red meat. This dish makes me feel like it's a Sunday dinner with the thin steak, gravy and rosemary potatoes.  MW goes for the pork chop which looks really tasty. Although he comments that he would have wanted a few more thick cut chips.



We share some desserts with a few other foodies and MW is happy as he gets try more desserts. Below is the Caramel Mousse sandwich was was DELICIOUS! 



My favourite is the orange panna cotta with biscotti. I'm surprised as I normally am not the biggest fan of panna cotta but this one was incredibly creamy and tasty.



Finally, who can resist a dark chocolate cake with lime sorbet? I can't resist and this particular one from Walsh Bay Kitchen was so delicious and rich. It's a good portion so you don't get too sick from the richness.

Summary: The desserts would have to be a highlight for me. Otherwise Walsh Bay Kitchen delivers reliable entrees and mains if you are looking for a bite to eat before a show. $59 is great for 3 courses when you consider this includes a glass of wine.

Price: With a glass of wine and two courses for $49 or three courses for $59 until 29th January 2017

Location: 22 Hickson Rd, Walsh Bay


Opening Hours: 

Monday - Dinner from 5pm
Tues to Fri - 12pm onwards, Dinner from 5pm
Sat -Open for matinee performances and dinner from 5pm
Sun - only open as per performance schedules

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Zomato. All photos, words and opinions are my own.


Walsh Bay Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment