Sunday 12 February 2017

Chicken and Sons, Surry Hills - The White Horse


During one of the hot summer days, MW seemed really hungry and eager to check out a new burger joint. I suggested Chicken and Sons in Surry Hills. The White Horse Pub hosts the venue for Chicken and Sons. Chicken and Sons also has locations in Chatswood and Leichardt. 
MW and I arrive promptly at 12pm and it looks like we're the first at The White Horse.  It's too early for me to drink booze so I opt for a cola and Matt goes for a beer. 

Based on a friend's recommendation, MW orders the Big Bird ($26). It's a tower of a burger. It's the same height of his phone. It consists of two crispy chicken fillets, american cheese, lettuce, onion and a special sauce. 

MW describes this as a Crispy Chicken Big Mac. I taste and I agree with him that there is some resemblance to the Big Mac however it's a lot bigger than any Big Mac that I've seen.  Definitely worth ordering if you can handle the portion size. MW found this burg seriously satisfying. You also get a size of fries.





I go for a smaller burger, their signature which is called the C&S Signature Butter Fried. It's a single fillet of buttermilk breast fried chicken with red cabbage slaw, chipotle aioli, american cheese and pickles with a side of fries ($18). The slaw is quite crunchy. I think I prefer the Big Bird although I could never handle that portion.



Summary: For those who love a good chicken burger, check out Chicken and Sons. I think I still prefer the Chicken Burger at Pub Life Kitchen however I do agree that Chicken and Sons delivers a superior chicken burger compared to most pub burgers. After trying the Big Bird burger, I am curious about whether a Mc Chicken with big mac sauce would work at Maccas. A great pub burg.

Price: $18-$26 for burgs

Location: 381 Crown St, Surry Hills @ The White Horse


Opening Hours: 

Mon - Fri - 12pm to 3pm, 5pm to 9pm
Sat - 12pm to 10pm
Sun - 12pm to 9pm

Weekend Food Escapes paid for this meal independently. All photos, words and opinions are my own.




The Horse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. There's another outlet now at World Square ... not sure if it's going to survive though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the one in World Square. Have you been?

      Delete