Tuesday 28 February 2017

Harry's Bondi, Bondi



I check out Harry's Bondi one Saturday morning after seeing lots of very sexy photos on instagram.  I've seen a lot of irresistible photos in particular their ricotta hotcake dish. 



Harrys Bondi is located a few minutes away from Sydney's iconic Bondi Beach. The venue is buzzing and almost full as I arrive at 9:30am on a Saturday morning. It's a small venue with seating available inside and a row of tables outside with a relaxing vibe. I breathe in the salty sea air and look at the menu with MW.



A queue starts developing and I'm grateful I've arrived minutes beforehand. 

MW orders the purple reign smoothie ($9.5, above) which has blueberries, banana, almond milk and tahini. The smoothie has a dominant grounded and earthly taste which comes from the tahini. Tahini is rich in minerals and has many health benefits.

Rather than focus on my health, I go for my morning favourite. I order the chai ($5, below) which comes in a pot which is brewed with milk. The chai is mildly spiced from the chai tea leaves.  




I've seen so many delicious looking photos, I had to order the ricotta hotcakes. The ricotta hotcakes (menu says allow 20 minutes, $18.50, above and top photo) is served up with blueberries, double cream, lemon balm and maple. You can also add bacon for $5. 

The photos live up to the hype and some more. Recommended.The cream just brings everything together, the savoury hotcake, the sweetness and freshness from the fruit and slight crunch from the slithers of almonds. I didn't see the almond on the menu but they are a nice touch. MW also devours the additional bacon with the ricotta hotcake.



For a more savoury, vegetarian and exotic breakfast, you may want to try the quinoa fritters. The quinoa fritters are a mesh of mediterranean flavours. The quinoa feta fritters ($21.50) is served up with fatoush, house made labne, avocado and hazlenut dukkah. The fritters are more like quinoa balls. I smear some of the avocado on the fritter ball. The labne with the bits of fatoush are really tasty.


For the meat eater who is looking for a brunch dish - why not try the Breakfast Reuben. The breakfast reuben is a breakfast burger ($17) with BBQ pulled pork beef with pastrami with fried egg and red cabbage ferment. You can also add sweet potato chips ($5).  I quite like the spicy sauce which adds to the pulled pork and also makes for a perfect dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries. I have forgotten how much I like sweet potato fries.



Summary: For a high quality and delicious breakfast or brunch, make sure you check out Harry's Bondi. I really enjoyed all the dishes. My fave is definitely the ricotta hot cake.

I would suggest getting there early if you want to ensure you get a table as it's a small venue. It's the perfect start to the day. I wish parking was easier in Bondi - I'd definitely be a regular if I was a local. I am still dreaming about that ricotta hotcake. 

Price: $20ish per breakfast main

Location: 2/136 Wairoa Avenue, Bondi Beach


Opening Hours: 7am to 4pm daily



Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of Wasamedia. All words, photos and opinions are my own. 

Harry's Bondi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Southern Suburbs
    End of lease cleaning Bonnyrigg
    End of lease cleaning Blairmount

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s better than to have some grilled and smoked Australian Barramundi with your family for the weekend? The portions delivered are satisfactory with an amazing taste. Thank You Melbourne Seafood Market for the lovely seafood. https://melbourneseafood.com.au/

    ReplyDelete