Friday 17 July 2015

Sakae Japanese Dining, Eastwood

A very consistent local Japanese Eatery in Sakae Japanese Dining in Eastwood
It was a busy Friday night with a slight wait at the casual Japanese Eastery. I didn't mind too much as I had a glass of wine ordered and already delivered.  The Sakae Japanese Dining Restaurant however gave a small Tofu with spring onion dish (left) to appease myself.  I thought it was a nice gesture and shows their commitment to customer service.                                                                                                                                                                              
The decore is pretty relaxed with lots of brown tables cramped in together in the small restaurant. If you are bigger person then this might not be the restaurant for you. The staff are friendly though. The mains I ordered were the Spicy Fish bento box (Below, $14.80) accompanied with rice, small potato salad and salad with a miso soup.                                                                                                             

In retrospect, I think I would have ordered something else with more variety such as the Sakae Bento Box below but it was nice enough and reasonably priced.


If you purchase a main meal, for an additional $5 you can get sashimi. I opted for the Salmon Sashimi and the Tuna Sashimi ($5 for each fish type, below). The Sashimi is not so great so I would skip this if I were you. I'd stick to Hukuyu in Eastwood if you are looking for a big raw fish meal. Or head to Tatsuya in West Ryde. 



The Sakae box ($17.80, above) comes with 5 pieces of sushi, 5 pieces of sashimi, a spring roll with some radished bits and a miso soup with some fried chicken. I had food envy of my food partner.

Overall a nice casual Japanese Eatery in Eastwood. I prefer Tatsuya and Hukuyu but both often attract a waiting line without a booking. I also like the sister restaurant of Sakae of Japanese BBQ!

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 7/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 7/10


Sakae Japanese Dining Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning Waterloo
    End of lease cleaning Mosman

    ReplyDelete