Friday 24 July 2015

Wang Wang Shanghai Silver Star, Kingsford

A local told me this is the most for value and delicious Chinese Eatery in Kingsford. Check out my trip to Wang Wang Shanghai
There are so many fabulous and for value restaurants in Kingsford. I got intel from a local who advised Wang Wang Shanghai Silver Star was the best place for delicious chinese dumplings and other dishes at a reasonable price (Where all the students go). After waiting about 20 minutes for a table, I was starving!!

I ordered quite a few dumpling dishes. Everything was delicious! Most dumpling dishes are less than $10 which is amazing and come in smaller quantities. It allows you to order more dishes to try and to have variety. They mesh a whole bunch of different Chinese cuisines which is good if you don't mind the mesh.

I love them fried pork dumplings (above), the har gow (prawn dumplings, $6 for 6 pieces). They were consistent and would rival any dumpling house in Ashfield or Yum Cha house.


The BBQ Pork Buns below ($1.30 each) were nice and hot. The filling is similar to a lot of yum cha houses. The steamed dumplings below were also very satisfying with a bit of soy and chili.




The above Red Bean Pastries ($6 for 4 pieces) were crunchy on the outside and sweet on the inside. They also have a pumpkin option which I ordered but I got the red bean instead. I didn't mind ultimately, the red bean was nice.  The below Xiao Long Bao $6 for 6 pieces were nice. Thin skin, nice and soupy when you bite into them. Honestly, there wasn't a dish I wouldn't reorder.




The Salt and Pepper Tofu $11.80 wasn't bad. You may want to order this for some variety in texture and difference from the dumplings. The translucent dumplings were tasty, the below were mushroom and vegetable dumplings.

Overall, a great experience and for great value. Check it out if you are in the area.

Summary: Lisa's Rating: 
Food: 9/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value: 10/10 



Click to add a blog post for Wang Wang Shanghai Silver Star on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Bond cleaning sydney
    End of lease cleaning Botany

    ReplyDelete