Thursday 14 July 2016

Tartine, Mascot



On a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon, I head to Tartine which is known for its fancy nostalgic jaffles. It was raining hard though!


Tartine is located in mascot, just across from Bunnings Warehouse. As I walk in, I see a wall of paintings and retro - type furniture. It feels very homely and a bit hipster. I sit down and order a chai latte. 

The concept of a jaffle takes you back to the younger years of having baked beans or spaghetti jaffles. Now that I'm an adult, I am eager to eat "adult" jaffles with fancy fillings.


The chai latte goes down a treat as I've just been out in the rain and it's super cold. I look at the menu and I can see that there are some savoury jaffles and also a dessert one. I make a conscious effort to leave some room for the dessert one. It sounds amazing.

I see the lasagne jaffle and am tempted but decide to stay away from carb central for today.


The chicken Jaffle ($14.50) is a creamy chicken with bacon filling. I love how the bread is crunchy on the outside and encases the filling. As you bite into it, it's full of warm gooey, goodness. Creamy chicken is definitely one for winter.



I also try the beef brisket jaffle ($13.50, below). This one is delicious. I had food envy as my friend ate this one up really quickly in a few bites. I think I prefer the brisket. The beef is full of flavour and also takes very homely.



For dessert, the stoner's delight (below, $9.5) is the dessert jaffle. It's a mars bar and nutella in a jaffle. WOW! This sounds amazing but eating this was even better. The mars bar is all gooey and the caramel is spread out on the bread with the nutella and then you bite into that mushy chocolate bit. It's really nice. Definitely save room for this one.



I make a booking after reading their website which has a long list of terms and conditions on their facebook. I wonder what must have happened to have such a long list of terms and conditions. Check them out here. They reference someone smushing banana bread into the furniture (oh no, hah).

Highlights: The cafe has nice decore and you'll be taken back into your childhood. Experiencing the adult's version of a jaffle was really nice. That dessert Stoner's delight is a must order. The owner / Head Chef Anthony Telford thanked us for reserving a table.

Note: One Jaffle may not be enough to fulfil you so you may have to buy 2 if you have a bigger stomach. I think most guys will probably want 2. It will cost you $30ish for 2 Jaffles.


There's only a few parking spots so just be aware. You may have to park at Bunnings or somewhere else. Otherwise, it's not far from Mascot station.

Price: $14-15ish per jaffle

Location: 635 Gardeners rd, Mascot


Opening Hours: Mon 8am to 3pm, Wed-Sat 8am to 3pm, Sunday 9am-3pm



Summary: Lisa's Rating: Check it out if you want to try fancy jaffles for adults. It's perfect on a cold winter's day
Food: 8/10 for casual dining 
Customer Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Value: 7/10


Tartine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    Spring cleaning Glebe
    End of lease cleaning Randwick
    End of lease cleaning Manly

    ReplyDelete