Sunday 9 December 2018

Mamma Teresa, Kingsford


Matt and I head to Mamma Teresa in Kingsford for Friday night date night. It's been sometime since I've been in Kingsford and I notice all the Asian eateries. Mamma Teresa is one of the few non-Asian restaurants in the area which is a point of differentiation. 





Matt orders a Heineken beer while I go for a childhood favourite - a pink lemonade. I've decided not to drink too much as my liver told me to take a break. It's been a hot day and I enjoy the air con as my face cools down.



I order one of the specials - the Crispy Bocconcini ($15.90)  which is crushed baby bocconcini served with home made tomato chutney. I enjoy the lightly crumbed exterior and the soft, gooey, cheesey inside. It's a nice but naughty dish to order.





I also order the Veal ($23.90) with a Saltimbocca sauce which is a white wine sauce layered with smoked ham, mozzarella cheese and napolitana sauce. Matt calls this a Veal Parma as the dish arrives. The vegetables are heavily coated in butter and garlic, probably a tad much for my liking. This is a good alternative dish if you're not in the mood for pasta or pizza.


I decide to be a bit cheeky and order a half and half pizza so Matt can have his preference and I can have mine. We order the half Vegetarian Pizza (full pizza, usually $17.90) which has onion, mushroom, pineapple, capsicum, garlic and oregano. I have become accustomed and slightly addicted to pineapple on pizza so I am pleased with the ingredients on the Vegetarian pizza. The other half is the Supreme (full pizza, usually $17.90) which has pepperoni, cabanossi, bacon, ham, onion, mushroom, capsicum, olives, anchovies and oregano. It's $2.50 extra for half and half pizzas (on top of the higher priced pizza). The pizza base is crispy and there's a generous amount of toppings on the pizza. 


I also order the fettucini boscaiola ($18.90 for main size) which has a creamy bacon and mushroom sauce. You can also add chicken for $3 or prawns for $5 but I just settle for the original tonight. The creamy pasta activates my core tastebuds into overdrive. I love creamy fettucini with the bacon and mushrooms. For a cut in richness, I switch between pasta and pizza. It's the perfect combination for me.



Summary: Mamma Teresa is a nice restaurant for a casual meal with friends or family. I really enjoyed the pizza and pasta. I thought everything was reasonably priced and tasty. You should definitely check it out if your tastebuds are demanding Italian food.

Price: Most dishes are $17-25


Location: 412 Anzac Parade, Kingsford


Opening Hours: 

Weekends 5pm to 10pm
Monday, Tuesday 5pm to 10pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12-3pm, 5-10pm

Weekend Food Escapes dined as guests of the venue or their representatives. All photos, opinions and words are my own.
Mamma Teresa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment