Sunday 28 March 2021

Motto Motto, Macquarie Park

I’ve been to Motto Motto in Macquarie centre a few times but have yet to blog about my experience! Motto Motto is a chain restaurant that is fusion Japanese. Mr Weekend Food Escapes is especially fond of their Hokkaido flavoured soft serve (when the flavour is available).


On this occasion as I’m a new mum with a baby, we decide to get a quick lunch before heading home. How it works is you queue up to order at the counter and then you were seated.  I've seen big queues on the weekend but I am here early so manage to get  seat quickly.

Please note, with covid, there is no self service water. You will need to ask the staff for some water. I can see the staff are running around and doing their best however I end up walking up to the counter and asking for cutlery and some water which was quickly provided to me once requested. 

I have a look at their menu and remember I have recently become a Motto Motto member and there's a special on for $10 udon (offer now expired), it's normally priced at $14.90. You just need to show the app offer and scan it through. By recommendation of the staff, I order the curry udon which is served up with tofu pieces, sea weed, shallots and comes with a side of chicken kaarage. Like most Japanese curries, the sauce is slightly sweet. I enjoy slurping the thick noodles. I eat the fried chicken separately. Overall, it's an enjoyable dish.

I've finished my udon noodles and my baby Benji is starting to stir! Poor Mr Weekend Food Escapes is still waiting on his food. We are told by the store manager that there is some malfunctioning equipment and she sends her apologies for the delay and offers either a refund or additional dish. I thought that was a nice good will gesture and reflective of the focus on customer service. 


Mr Weekendfoodescapes orders the Spicy Chicken Kaarage roll ($15.90) and says yes to cheese ($1 charge). He gives me the thumbs up, the bread is crunchy and soft. The chicken is crunchy, juicy and well seasoned. He notes that the cheese did not work with the roll but overall is satisfied and happy with his choice. He would order this again!


Summary: Overall, I had a good experience at Motto Motto although they had a few minor hiccups in the kitchen on this particular day. I enjoyed the curry udon and Mr Weekend Food Escapes enjoyed the Spicy Chicken Kaarage Roll. 

I've also had take away from Motto Motto previously and I like that they separate the rice from the protein so the rice is not soggy! Recommend for a casual eat. I note that Motto Motto is modern fusion Japanese so don't expect traditional Japanese! You won't find traditional sushi rolls on the menu.

Price: Mains vary from $12-17ish

Location: Near the cinemas, Macquarie Centre. Cnr Herring and Waterloo rd, Macquarie Park

Opening Hours: 
Sunday, Monday to Wednesday 11am to 8pm
Thursday to Saturday 11am to 9pm


 

2 comments:


  1. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.

    Please visit Café Bunbury"


    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a package arrived from https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/product/full-spectrum-cbd-gummies/ with their delicious organic gummies. I chew them for three days, in the morning and in the evening. Sleep improved, my hand began to hurt a little less, anxiety went away. The main thing is that there are no chemistry at all in the composition and it does not harm me. Another plus of this store is that they have discounts.

    ReplyDelete